Wanted: Strong Back, Weak Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have to move my new lathe from my SUV into my shop. It is heavy:eyeslam: Also, I will be moving the GW Lathe into the SUV for transport on Thursday. Not heavy No I will not be setting it up yet, have to build the cabinet it will be mounted on first.

Anyway, if I could get 1 or 2 people to come help me, I would appreciate it. I would like to do this on Tuesday or Wednesday 3/21 or 3/22

Unfortunately, I don't have any alcohol in the house, but I do have plenty of coffee and tea. And if, we do this around lunch time, I'll buy wherever you guys want.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve,

I should be available on Tuesday or Wednesday. (Mar 20 and 21st) I would be more than happy to give you a hand with that beast!!!!

Just let me know what time and I will be there .........with bells on!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll check my work schedule, I am sure that I could find a reason to be in Apex on either of those days.
Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Steve, I would be glad to come help you set up the lathe. I am pretty sure I could lift it on my own if needed. Tuesday would be the best day for me just let me know.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I would be glad to come help you set up the lathe. I am pretty sure I could lift it on my own if needed. Tuesday would be the best day for me just let me know.

I won't be setting it up yet:sad9cd: , just getting it in the shop.

Is there any time that's best for you? We could have lunch after?

M

McRabbet

I'd offer to come, but 235 miles is a little too far :drunken_s with today's gas prices -- as it is, I'm driving to Hickory on Tueday to get some finishing supplies at the Woodworking Shop and then stop at Catawba Hardwoods in MArion to pick up about $900 of materials for two projects. :)

Good luck and handle it safely! Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I think we have enough muscle now. But anyone else who wants to come is welcome. The lunch offer includes anyone who shows up.

Dozer, drag Fred, he looks like he could use a good meal.:rolf:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I wish I could join in the festivities but I will be in Winston-Salem on the 20th and Mooresville on the 21st :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Steve:

PM your address and I will come help. I work in Cary so it will just be an early lunch for me. I'd loveto help and see your shop.

Doug

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I think we have enough muscle now. But anyone else who wants to come is welcome. The lunch offer includes anyone who shows up.

Dozer, drag Fred, he looks like he could use a good meal.:rolf:

HEY i resemble that remark!:-D so far tuesday is open but who knows what is gonna happen tween now and then.

fred

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Do you need to borrow a 2 ton hydraulic motor hoist, with nylon band? Let me know BEFORE I put it back where it is supposed to be stored. You can use it for several days as it is an extra.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Do you need to borrow a 2 ton hydraulic motor hoist, with nylon band? Let me know BEFORE I put it back where it is supposed to be stored. You can use it for several days as it is an extra.
Probably, overkill, with all the people coming. Besides, who needs a hydraulic motor hoist when we have dozer:rolf:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Steve, I can probably help also, and if I can find them I have a couple of furniture dollies that I've used to move lathe's before...

Send me a PM with an address, contact number, and time, and I'll plan on dropping by. This will also give me a good opportunity to meet some of the other local woodworkers.

Regards,

Scott

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve, I can probably help also, and if I can find them I have a couple of furniture dollies that I've used to move lathe's before...

Send me a PM with an address, contact number, and time, and I'll plan on dropping by. This will also give me a good opportunity to meet some of the other local woodworkers.

Regards,

Scott
Come on by, the more the merrier:eusa_danc Lunch will be the most important part.

Just so I don't mislead any body. All we'll be doing is taking a heavy box out of my SUV and stacking it in my garage. 15 feet at most and less, if I reverse the SUV. It really is only a 2 man job, with maybe a third to help slide it out of the SUV. I suspect that Dozer and I could probably handle it. Though Dozer says he can do it himself.:eusa_danc But anyone who wants please come the more merrier. This is really going to end up being a lunch and meeting people, more than anything.

However, since we'll have so many people here, I'll probably ask for help taking some things of there bases and in one case put it back on, once I reconfigure it.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First, thanks to all those who came and helped me today. It is amazing what a great group people we have here:eusa_clap

6 members showed up starting at around 10:30, in order of appearance:

DaveO (Dave)
Dozer (dozer or Mike)
FredP (Fred)
Canuck (Wayne)
scsmith42 (Scott)
DougRobinson (Doug)

By 11:45 we were done. I got 3 heavy/clumsy projects done and as far as I know, no one hurt themselves:eusa_danc :eusa_clap We then went to Chilis and ate talked for 2 hours:icon_thum Sory no pics.

I am now ready to build the bench/cabinet to mount the lathe on. BUT toolferone has made it clear, I better build the cabinets for the shop, that I've managed to put off for 2 years, or I will be banned from the store.:lol: :lol: Yesterday, I had to go to woodcraft to buy some glue and biscuits. Things that I have plenty of, but I couldn't find where I put them.:crybaby2: :BangHead:

Thanks again to all

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Steve, thanks for the great lunch! I enjoyed meeting you, Dave, Doug, Fred, Dozer and Wayne, and am envious about your well equipped shop.

Thanks for operating a great forum - I am enjoying it.

Regards,

Scott

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Doug and Scott, it was great to meet you for the first time, the others, great to see you again. Steve, anytime you need something moved and you're buying lunch I'll be there. Thanks for the lunch and the opportunity to meet some more of our great members.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS