Walnut potential group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Please remove my skimpy 50bf purchase from the list.

Jeremy has done a fine job coordinating this group buy and thanks to him along with other members.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Jeremy -

I'd like to get 100BF but don't think I can get to Kernersville on the 17th. If someone from Raleigh (hopefully North Raleigh or Crabtree area) would pick up for me I'll get cash to them this week.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeremy -

I'd like to get 100BF but don't think I can get to Kernersville on the 17th. If someone from Raleigh (hopefully North Raleigh or Crabtree area) would pick up for me I'll get cash to them this week.

Assuming Jeremy agrees that there is that much still to be had...

I can probably get another 100 bf in the truck and I'll be delivering to Phil in North Raleigh already. You can meet us at the Raleigh Lunch this Friday if you want to bring the money there.

Let me think... 4 foot wide truck bed. That's about 3 layers per 100 bf, 500 bf total making 15 layers - should work. We'll be heavily loaded but should be able to manage it.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeremy, I'm still up for the 100 bf and if we end up with a little extra I'll pick it up. I can bring cash with me or I can pay pal either way what do you want? Just pm me

Cbozz

Chris
User
This thread is making me think I should sell off the similarly sized stash I got for free (when I bought a few machines) a few months ago. Still haven't decided what to do with it.

Just a thought: if anyone is planning to put a substantial piece of in a pickup or other smallish vehicle, pay attention to the weight. Probably totals somewhere north of 2.5 tons.

Good luck folks. Looks like a decent deal.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
So I don't want or need any walnut. I have nothing of value to contribute to this thread whatsoever. I would just like to thank all the participants for creating what has to be the most entertaining thread of the year to date.

I eagerly await the next episode, and I might be tempted to come on Saturday just to watch. It should easily be as entertaining as a college football game...

:gar-Bi

K

If you promise to come out, I will personally bring you a bag of popcorn! :D

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Assuming Jeremy agrees that there is that much still to be had...

I can probably get another 100 bf in the truck and I'll be delivering to Phil in North Raleigh already. You can meet us at the Raleigh Lunch this Friday if you want to bring the money there.

Let me think... 4 foot wide truck bed. That's about 3 layers per 100 bf, 500 bf total making 15 layers - should work. We'll be heavily loaded but should be able to manage it.

He was already on the list. Post 66 has been updated.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60069&page=5&p=553933&viewfull=1#post553933

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Jeremy - yep I can be there saturday. I assume we will get the particulars regarding the location - or maybe I missed it?

Rick

thsb

New User
Tim
From my google search, i think 200bf of 15% walnut computed to around 650 pounds. i am going with 150 so think my grand caravan (work vehicle) should be able to handle it, as that is less than the 6 other passengers it is able to carry.

thsb

New User
Tim
I hope that one of your reactions is that Jeremy is a saint to try to manage this. i know it is one of mine.

if you show up, there might be a layer of perfectly figured, majestically grained stuff that will stir a whole nother round of conversation :)

So I don't want or need any walnut. I have nothing of value to contribute to this thread whatsoever. I would just like to thank all the participants for creating what has to be the most entertaining thread of the year to date.

I eagerly await the next episode, and I might be tempted to come on Saturday just to watch. It should easily be as entertaining as a college football game...

:gar-Bi

K

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I hope that one of your reactions is that Jeremy is a saint to try to manage this. i know it is one of mine.

Saintly yes, but perhaps a slow learner? (Tongue firmly in cheek...) Jeremy has had the pleasure of watching me herd cats for similar purchasing opportunities on a couple of occasions-including a cat named Jeremy btw-and he obviously did not watch closely enough to learn how much 'fun' it can be...

He's a clever guy though, so he'll do just fine. I actually do have one constructive suggestion that may come in handy: Someone who will be there for the duration needs to bring a chop saw, assuming there is a place to plug it in. Those boards are not going to be 'happy' in most pickup trucks; a chop saw will fix that. Note: I have hosted three lumber runs, and there are always boards that someone wants/needs cut in order to get them home.

K

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saintly yes, but perhaps a slow learner? (Tongue firmly in cheek...) Jeremy has had the pleasure of watching me herd cats for similar purchasing opportunities on a couple of occasions-including a cat named Jeremy btw-and he obviously did not watch closely enough to learn how much 'fun' it can be...

He's a clever guy though, so he'll do just fine. I actually do have one constructive suggestion that may come in handy: Someone who will be there for the duration needs to bring a chop saw, assuming there is a place to plug it in. Those boards are not going to be 'happy' in most pickup trucks; a chop saw will fix that. Note: I have hosted three lumber runs, and there are always boards that someone wants/needs cut in order to get them home.

K

I am told that Stihl makes a good one

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I am told that Stihl makes a good one

Or the more rustic alternative perhaps?

h0272840710_hunting-axe-classic_artnr_840710.jpg

Fine woodworking indeed!

K

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Good luck to all y'all. I won't be joining because the last three times I got in on a "deal" like this I ended up giving the wood away or burning it. I have the worst luck...

From now on I will pay top dollar for top grade wood from a reputable source.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
No Jeremy, but do have a couple hand saws I'll bring. You guys are cracking me up. I recon I'll be there for the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS