Walnut potential group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
There was a lot of Cyprus that I wish I'd had room to take as well

How did a bunch of cypress end up in High Point on that flat bed? It's sure not a local species but it's great wood to work with. The Hardwood Store has 4/4 cypress for about +/- $3.50/bf so $1.25/bf is good.

Just curious.

As advertised by the seller on CL: Black walnut, 1700 bf; $2000. Edit: Mixed species with some black walnut as a teaser. :eek:

Nonetheless, it was a good cooperative effort by all involved.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
How did a bunch of cypress end up in High Point on that flat bed? It's sure not a local species but it's great wood to work with. The Hardwood Store has 4/4 cypress for about +/- $3.50/bf so $1.25/bf is good.

Just curious.

As advertised by the seller on CL: Black walnut, 1700 bf; $2000. Edit: Mixed species with some black walnut as a teaser. :eek:

Nonetheless, it was a good cooperative effort by all involved.

I would say it was more like this:

As advertised by the seller on CL: Black walnut, 1700 bf; $2000.

Actual: About 1500-1600 BF of black walnut and 1000 BF of mixed species. Same price. :eusa_danc

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks Jeremy, the selection was good for everyone. Kudos to you and the others for making it a win-win day.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
IMG_1603.JPGIMG_1605.JPGIMG_1606.JPGIMG_1609.JPGIMG_1610.JPGA few more photos of the day.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Here is a bunch of the black walnut that I ended up with, with all the dust and dirt cleaned off. I should of worn a dust mask during the clean off process. It will make a nice stash of wood for smaller projects where the lengths and thicknesses are a bit less.

20160918_110257[1].jpg

Xlogger

New User
Ricky
I have some picked over walnut boards here that looks as good or better than some of the pictures on this thread that I need to clean out my area. Was selling for $6 bd ft if anyone interested I'll sell it all for $2 bd ft. Must take all for this price probably less than 100 bd ft. All 4/4, kiln dried and 4, 6, 8ft lengths. 4 to 8" wide. PM me if interested and first one comes gets it.

Walnut sold

Last edited:

MikeWood

New User
Mike
Thank you for the pictures and the recap for people following along in this adventure (I didn't participate, but found it interesting). Looks like it went very well and kudos for the people that arranged it and handled the curveballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS