UPDATED 10,000-15,000 BF walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
He also has oak, cedar and maple at another location, we did not discuss price for those woods. He says that is real prime stuff. But he needs to move the walnut due to the...ahem...well....foreclosure.

Any chance of some 4/4 maple ?? Price?
Either way, thanks for keeping the lot of us posted!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
It is only a two hour drive for me. I have been waiting for a deal on walnut for a bedroom suite and at that price some for later. How many BF can a F-150 haul?:wink_smil
Great timing on this, I found some for $3 a BF that I was going to drive a hour or more for this Saturday.

Gary figure AD Walnut about 3lbs a board foot it's as good as guessament as any

A F-150 is a 1/2 ton right? - so 1000 lbs if you got good shocks and springs. I would say in the neighborhood of around 330 ~ 350 BF

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
It looks like it is just North of Raleigh - about 100 miles from Winston-Salem one way. Even at that price, it is just a little far for me - especially given that I don't need any right now. If I wasn't in such a hurry to finish the kitchen, I would go just for the heck of it. If someone near me is going and had room to pick some up for me, I'd gladly pay part of the gas bill for the trouble.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
It looks like it is just North of Raleigh - about 100 miles from Winston-Salem one way. Even at that price, it is just a little far for me - especially given that I don't need any right now. If I wasn't in such a hurry to finish the kitchen, I would go just for the heck of it. If someone near me is going and had room to pick some up for me, I'd gladly pay part of the gas bill for the trouble.

to far for me,

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
From the original post, I believe the intent is "each man/woman for himself/herself" and this is NOT a coordinated buy. Just wanted to clarify that (from how the original, but updated, post reads) so that people don't think it's "just going to happen".

From Jim in the first post:

I've got too much going to try to coordinate/administer this deal, so it'll be every woodworker for him/herself.

scompton

New User
Scott
Got a big F-150 and some wood needs, I'm interested. My classroom could probably do a lot with walnut. :)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I'm in for 300 bdf of 10/4. I live in N Raleigh. So this works well for me. Thanks for coordinating Jim. Let me know what develops for saturday.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If anyone has the time and inclination to come up with a workable plan, jump right in. Otherwise it's just gonna be a free-for-all.
I think a free-for-all is probably best, organizing something more structured would be tough on such short notice. It takes this group 2 weeks to even decide on a restaurant :)

I wouldn't be too worried about sorting. At this price, I don't think anyone is going to be picky. As for measuring, like Jeff likes to do - just put boards that are roughly equal in length side by side and measure across. No need to measure each individual board.

I anxiously await confirmation re: Saturday. If this interest holds up, he should be able to sell half his stock. Not as easy as selling it all in one transaction, but hey, cash is cash.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Being that Saturday is Valentine's Day, I don't think I'll be able to do it. Sunday or Monday would be a possibility for me, so I will contact him and see if he is open to either of those days (I'll send you a PM Jim). If I can ge there, I will buy as much as I can fit in the Expedition and figure out what to do with it all later.

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
I am interested in 200BF. I have an F150 and am in the Cary area. Assuming I can work it out with the wife, anyone needing a ride, please let me know.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I originally said I would take about 200 bdft. But now that i know that it weighs 3lbs/bdft, I think my chev 2500hd can handle 400-500. I will take all I can carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS