UPDATE - Ridgid JP0610 - Was it just my imagination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpw

New User
Charles
Well, I checked again today and the JP0610 is back on the website for $429 plus shipping, and now says "Online Only."

A couple of weeks back I was looking at jointers online, and at that time I thought the BORG had the JP0610 for between $400-$500 and Amazon was in the same ballpark. I was just on the BORG site and I cannot find the JP0610 listed at all and Amazon is now listing it for $621.86.

So was my mind playing tricks on me? :icon_scra
Any theories as to why the BORG is not listing it any longer? :eusa_thin

Thanks,
Charles

Last edited:

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Re: Ridgid JP0610 - Was it just my imagination?

I can't explain the borg's behavior but Amazon's response is a computerized response to the lack of inventory available at HD. It is a program that constantly monitors and adjusts the price based on what the competition is doing.If I was gonna spend $600 on a jointer I'd be calling the guy who is selling the long bed PM on our site. Use it while saving for a spiral cutterhead from Byrd and you will never look back.Unless you can find a good old cast iron 8" and then do the same mod to it.
Greg

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

Didn't HD just clearance those jointers out the door? I can't remember if the tool store (Ridgid, Ryobia, etc outlet) had them in stock last week. Look in the classified here for a the jointer you are looking for ($275) Looks like one of the "gray" ones which I think come with a lifetime warranty, not service agreement.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam

they went on clearance at hd for about $110 or at least that's what i paid for mine. this was 'round mid-Oct of last year. I assumed they were going to bring out a new line, but haven't seen one yet? Too bad, I've been quite pleased with mine.

Sam

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User

I have it and it is a great jointer. From what I hear, it can be found here and there at HD's around the area. You just need to be lucky. Call around and maybe you will find one. I would not pay $600 at amazon for it though.

Red

cpw

New User
Charles

Thanks for the responses so far.

The closest HDs are Spartanburg and Hendersonville. Mike's model is tempting, but I'd prefer to have one I can wire for 220. And there is NO WAY I'm paying $600 for one.

Cheers,
Charles-

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

Why 220? Most 6" jointers have a 1.0 HP motor in them. 11-13 amps of current draw, at 110/120.

MikeCSmith

New User
Mike

I have one of these for sale for $275. It's not actually mine, it belongs to a friend of mine and he wants $275 for it. It's lightly used, look in the classifieds.

I went to my local HD to see what they are currently selling for and they did not have one. I was told they are not carrying them any more (I don't know how this employee would know that, but that is what he told me). I was also told by my HD store that it was heavily discounted. I don't think all the stores had a set price, it's been my experience that the HDs sell this stuff at different prices, some a lot better than others.

The jointer I have is used of course but It really hasn't been used that much. By the way, I live in Charlotte/Matthews area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS