Turned a couple more pens... also a question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Just finished turning a couple of Euros. They are for a friend who owns a millwork shop as payment for a whole bunch of oak, cherry, maple, sapele, walnut, honduran mahogany scrap... His definition is if he cant sell it, it's scrap.....

Walnut_and_Oak.jpg

Walnut1.jpg
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/thumbs/Walnut1.jpg

oak1.jpg

oak2.jpg
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/thumbs/oak2.jpg

Now, the question.......
Does anyone have recommendations on cleaning MicroMesh? I have used the pads for awhile now and think I probably should clean them. :dontknow::icon_scra

Thanks in advance for your replies.

John

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I usually just use a little soap and water. That seems to get them clean for me.. I wouldn't rub them together as that could cause the grits to change on you. Maybe someone else will have a better solution.

Rob

New User
Rob
I put mine in a mesh bag, the kind ladies use to do stockings in. Run them through the wash with my jeans. Don't put them in the dryer though.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Kevin & Rob, thanks for the suggestions. :eek:ccasion1 So it seems there is no magic to this...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Throw them in your socks or pants pockets and run them through the wash. As mentioned before, take them out before the dryer cycle.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Really nice pens and soap and water for my cleaning. Wife won't allow contraband in my socks or pockets during the wash cycle:rolf:.

Gary K

New User
Gary
Nice pens!:eusa_clap
I also learned something about micro mesh pads, I never thought of the washing machine. I have been washing mine by hand in the sink.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Remember, there is a difference between standard micro-mesh and 'micro-mesh pads'. The pads have a foam center while the standard stuff is just a thin sheet of micro-mesh. There is no harm in standard MM going thorough the dryer, just the pads.

PS - I've only used the pads once and didn't like them as well as the standard MM sheets.

George

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Just want to thank everyone for the insight on washing the micro mesh. I have the sheets not the pads... I still think I'll air dry them, after a cycle in the wash.

:eek:ccasion1

As a side note, to shed more light on my turnings, I went to Lowe's and bought a flourecent shop fixture to hang over my lathe. Got it home and opened the box to find the hardware missing... This is the third time buying something at Lowe's and open it to find something missing. The last time while remodeling the bathroom, the mounting hardware for the toilet were missing. Called and they told me to bring it in for exchange. They did and put the one I brought back right on the shelf.... BTW, the plumber sat around for an hour while I did the return $$$$$.

So much for using them instead of HD.... :BangHead::BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors