Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Part of my Amazon order came in, CAUTION the routercame to the post office and LOML picked it up. She complained how heavy it was, but that was about it, I still get to sleep in the bed tonight :-D. Nice router set, I'm still waiting for the templates and the free router bits.

Attachments

• Oct26$03.JPG
    Oct26$03.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Oct26$05.JPG
    Oct26$05.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 183

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jeff,

Very nice score. Congrats. Now, just what are you going to do first with this new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool?

Ray

J

jeff...

Ray, well first thing, I figured I might route something :lol: and now my big Makita 3612B 3-1/4 HP can stay in the router cab.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
3¼ sounds like a candidate for a router table. That's almost enough power to be a shaper. I think with the new router, your daughter's desk needs to get some fancy edges and inlays.:):):)

Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Cooooooooooool score, Jeff!!!

Will you be routing flower inlays now on your daughters desk or stick with the beautiful carving?

Personally, I really like your carving!!!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

The Bosch could do some nice chamfering and roundovers though!

My LOML would have more to say than just a heavy package though!:BangHead: :BangHead:

Congrats on the great deal!

Wayne

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice score! I ended up ordering the Dewalt set with that Amazon deal and am still waiting on it ...

WORD OF CAUTION - The bit set did arrive, however they were damaged! The teeth were chipped due to poor packaging on Amazon's part (though Freud could have eliminated the problem too if they packed their bits like they should and not in cheap plastic, with no staple, and no protection on the bit itself for transport -- save a nickel, lose a dollar!). SO when yours arrives, make sure to inspect it close. I've already sent mine back for replacement. :5badair:

J

jeff...

Havn't played with the new router yet. I'm sticking with the carving design on my daughters desk and already have my other router set up. So the new Bosch will have to wait till next project :-?. Thinking I might use it to round over some 5/4 cedar deck planks for my ball and chain project the pool deck.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Bosch is a great router, one I consider the best on the market. Several yrs. ago I swore by Delta, but since their stuff is now made by DeWalt I won't buy it.
Congratulations
Jim in Mayberry

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Bosch is a great router, one I consider the best on the market. Several yrs. ago I swore by Delta, but since their stuff is now made by DeWalt I won't buy it.
Congratulations
Jim in Mayberry

uhhh, Black & Decker is the outfit that owns Delta and the other brands that were once part of the Pent-Air Tools Group, and actually, since that aquisition, DeWalt plants have moved to Mexico, and the Porter Cable and Delta plants have held firm in Tennessee, except for those pieces that were already on the move towards manufacture in Taiwan or China.

Brother-in-Law, a very good friend, and one of my employees (three separate people) were all employed by the Black & Decker/DeWalt plant which recently closed here in Fayetteville.

As a disclaimer, I have know particular preferences for tools, tho' DeWalt does outnumber anything else in my shop, which includes Jet, Craftsman, Skil, Milwaukee, Black & Decker, Central Machinery, and Senco.

J

jeff...

Rest of the Amazon router deal order came in - I ordered a template set for the Bosch router set while I was at it, came with a nice blow plactic case, now I just need to learn how to use it :roll:. My free Freud adjustable tongue and groove bit set made it through the mail ok. Our e-lustrous post office worker wrote the wrong PO Box number on the box when she put it on the shelf and failed to give us one of those little yellow cards, it's only been sitting there 3 days :-x.

So when I went to the post office today, the post master (nice guy) said no package, I happened to look over the counter at the back where they keep the packages and said you sure that Amazon box with the wrong PO box written on it isn't mine. He said let me check, yep it's yours. I really love small towns don't you?

Attachments

• Oct31$02.JPG
    Oct31$02.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors