Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Remember that thread?
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4379
It was about an exfactory in Matthews, NC. Well, I bid on the Cehisa edgebander...and got it.
All the machines came from a small shop, the owner was retiring. Edgebander is is A+ shape, well maintained, other than some dust not a scratch on it, all with original manual and original bill of sale. The edgebander has a glue pot so it can be used with plain (non pre-glued) veneer and solid edgebanding.
The owner was a real gentleman: Helped me load, gave me a short lesson on use, threw in a couple of rolls of edgebanding, a bucket of glue pellets, a 5-gal drum of contact adhesive and -drum roll, please- 2 Graco pressure pots a Graco air assist spray gun!!

The 16" jointer hasn't sold yet. It is a yates in very good shape, it is the model with the servicable pillow block bearings. I already have a 12" jointer and my wife threatened bodily harm if I bring anything else so I couldn't take it.
Cheers,
Bernhard

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
YOU SUCK!!! Royally. Now you have no excuse to get your kitchen cabinets built.:lol:

I was threatened over the jointer myself, now I understand why.

We need to hook up for lunch next week. I am out Monday and Tuesday, but can probably do Wednesday or Thursday.

Monty

New User
Monty
Cool - glad to know you got the edgebander. Hopefully you can skimp along with that little 12" jointer for a while longer until another deal comes along! :lol:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Bernard, the Ex-Factory auction listings don't have the jointer listed any more, how would one contact this gentleman, if interested?

great score on the edgebander, and the paint guns, too!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice haul Bernhard! You are going to need a "new" new shop as the "old" new shop must be full by now :lol:

Also commend you on doing the necessary "homework" to find worthy tools :mrgreen:

Roger

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Bernard, the Ex-Factory auction listings don't have the jointer listed any more, how would one contact this gentleman, if interested?

great score on the edgebander, and the paint guns, too!

I have the contact info..but left it at work. I'll PM you on Monday with the info.

Bernhard

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks Phil, a fair bit richer than the CFO has authorized me to spend.:crybaby2:I don't recall the bidding having gotten nearly that high, which means it probably didn't approach his reserve. Darn!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
The reserve is considerably lower. - It can be purchased "As-Is" for signicantly below the asking price. We generally sell machines with a "functional" warranty so that risk is built into the price for us. But in the auction it's sold "As-Is" so the buyer takes all the risk but saves money. If you want to make an offer I'll talk to Mr. Allen. I know he wants it gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS