The POLL'S over #2 is the project!!

Which project should I build next???????

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Re: NCWW decides!!!

#2 is taking a lead!! Lets see how the numbers work out for the rest of the week!!! I wonder if I would be jumping the gun in starting plans for #2? If #2 is the one polled should I use oak for the black with vinager tanin dye or should I use full blown ebony? Whats the thoughts?

Ebony would be beautiful, but wouldn't it be expensive?

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

im sure it will run a pretty penny! But I havent found any prices on it yet so I dont know, that prob a good thing though I may fall off my chair once I see how much it will cost.

nelsone

New User
Ed

I like the hall table the most from a design standpoint, but for a learning project I would prefer to see the Krenov. More joinery! Looking forward to the project!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

WOW!!!! Just found prices on Ebony!!! I think i will be using white oak!!!

this is the price from Righteouswoods.com

4/4 KD $ 65.75 BF

clowman

Clay Lowman

that prob a good thing though I may fall off my chair once I see how much it will cost.

Believe me.. you will.. Or rather, you did :rolf:

As another alternative.. check for African Blackwood. Gary over at NCWood may have some of this in stock.

Remember everyone.. vote early, vote often...:icon_thum

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

As another alternative.. check for African Blackwood. Gary over at NCWood may have some of this in stock.

Clay,
I will have to research that and see if its a competitive price. Thanks for the heads up!!

MikeH

New User
Mike

Michael you might as well get busy on pricing out the materials for #2.....

Who does #2 work for????

Toddler

New User
Todd

Wenge and Blackwood are both dark if you don't want to deal with Dye or Stains. Wenge has pretty open pores, so you'd have to fill. Don't know about blackwood.

Todd

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

Wenge and Blackwood are both dark if you don't want to deal with Dye or Stains. Wenge has pretty open pores, so you'd have to fill. Don't know about blackwood.

Todd

good looking out friend, I will stick that in my KITBAG (army slang for brain housing group)

cpowell

New User
Chuck

African blackwood (mpingo) is expensive...I would think over 50 dollars/bd ft. Instrument quality (highest grade) would likely be even more costly. I also don't know that you'll find it in any appreciable lengths/widths.

Chuck

John_LA

New User
John Lach

I chose #2 because I really like the contrast of the woods. It seems that I cannot build anything wihtout some contrasting wood in it. :)

Last edited:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

Michael: I was in Klingspors in Raleigh about a week ago and you may be able to find something there cheaper than $65 a board foot that would look really nice. However, you may want to have somethin' a bit cheaper to tune up the Veritas:lol::lol:. And, you are gonna need to keep those irons sharp for the wood you have in mind!

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS