The POLL'S over #2 is the project!!

Which project should I build next???????

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Re: NCWW decides!!!

Michael: I was in Klingspors in Raleigh about a week ago and you may be able to find somethingg there cheaper than $65 a board foot that would look really nice. However, you may want to have somethin' a bit cheaper to tune up the Veritas:lol::lol:. And, you are gonna need to keep those irons sharp for the wood you have in mind!

Go

I'm leaning to wards DavidF's use of ebonized hard maple. I have some it already so all I would have to do is get the tiger or Birdseye maple. I'm looking forward to starting this project. God bless friends.

DavidF

New User
David

David, How did you use the vinegar secret on those? that table is awesome!!!

The "vinegar secret"???? No, no wire wool and vinegar for those legs. They were done with Indian Ink, which is the blackest substance I have ever seen! and the most light fast. Then covered in Clear finish tinted black and then finished in 6 coats of clear. As I mentioned to somebody else, if I had had my spray equip back then I would have either painted them with black paint and then clear coat or Highland Hardware sell a spray on only black "piano finish"

Rick Orwig

New User
Rick

The four projects require considerable ww skill and the designs and visual impact vary but are all interesting. The kitchen hutch (#3) looks like it could be slightly modified to be a TV stand and a place for dvd's and a dvd player. Practicality being a major factor for me I reluctantly voted for #3.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

The "vinegar secret"???? No, no wire wool and vinegar for those legs. They were done with Indian Ink, which is the blackest substance I have ever seen! and the most light fast. Then covered in Clear finish tinted black and then finished in 6 coats of clear. As I mentioned to somebody else, if I had had my spray equip back then I would have either painted them with black paint and then clear coat or Highland Hardware sell a spray on only black "piano finish"

good infromation friend, I tell you the knowledge as a collective at this site is just amazing!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

The four projects require considerable ww skill and the designs and visual impact vary but are all interesting. The kitchen hutch (#3) looks like it could be slightly modified to be a TV stand and a place for dvd's and a dvd player. Practicality being a major factor for me I reluctantly voted for #3.

Crappp!! I was afraid of that,,lol. Im looking forward to the challenge. I am sure that after I build the winner of this poll (looks like the table!) I am going to build the hutch prob shortly after. Before all of the holidays roll around again.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

So it would be a fair guess that I will be building the hall table! Unless a swarm of votes come in tonight on something else! I am mid way in design and will order the materials in a week or so. Keep tuned for more.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Michael,

I have also ebonized hard maple. It looks great and is fairly easy to do. I believe Woodcraft sells a product called "Transtint." I used it in water to do the initial dye, then used it to tint the shellac topcoat. I believe it will also work in oil-based topcoats as well. Hope this helps. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS