The Fire has been lit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
OCT 1'st! Temp's are high 70's to low 50's!!!

I declare woodworking season OPEN!!!

I got this new stove for $25 on craigslist, and fuel it with old chocks the air force throws away!!!

This weekend was my ritualistic first burning!!! Woodworking season smells like flannel shirts and wood stoves!!! I am posting this at 5:02 in the morning!! BRING IT ON!!!

IMG_00733.jpg

View image in gallery

Fall is my favorite season!!!

HERE I COME!!!

Dan

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Dan,
I agree with you 100% but is that stove alittle close to that wood back wall. Stoves usually require a fair distance to combustibles.Your insurance company,if it is like the rest,would not like a stove improperly installed in a woodworking shop.I would try and check on what the stove manufacturer recommends to protect yourself.It definitely creates the proper environment though.
Greg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score Dan! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc I'll join you in welcoming in the cooler temperatures. Last weekend I actually got motivated and went down to begin the process of getting my shop ready to go for the winter. Updates to come. :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
Man I do miss my woodstove. Glad to see some cooler weather too. I'm actually getting in some quality shop time and getting very close to having a few projects completed.:banana:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Goodness Dan,

That thing is Massive compared to that Mailbox and that was a massive mailbox you had.

$25 what a score~!

Like seeing your shop again, thanks and Nice looking DC I see there in the photo.

GREAT FOR YOU~! How hot has that thing got your shop? I bet you could woodwork in shorts, flipflops and a teeshirt.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
I would love to have a wood stove in my shop but my insurance company said that I wouldn't be covered in case of a fire if I had a wood stove.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'm with you. I've been getting the urge to spend more time in the shop with the cool weather. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_danc

Chuck

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Dan,
One note of caution when burning those chocks. I work on the jets at Cherrypoint and we have one general rule of thumb. If its not leaking, its out of fluid. :gar-Bi Ok that might be an exaggeration but its not far off. Those things are constantly leaking. So please just be careful when burning stuff like that.
Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors