The aircraft carrier has left port (OFFICIAL gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
The aircraft carrier has left port and is due to dock Tuesday the 27th. :eusa_danc

g0609.jpg

I also ordered one of these while it was on sale...
h9291.jpg

but it's backordered until the 29th of December.

More to follow :-D

George

Rocker

New User
John
Re: The aircraft carrier has left port (pre gloat)

Dang that's nice!!! Are you going to let met come over to joint a 12" board now and then?
your envious neighbor,
John (Rocker)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

I'm jealous already! Please do a review on this after you get it! I have been seriously considering this tool and would like to know what you think of it.

GeorgeL

New User
George

Dang that's nice!!! Are you going to let met come over to joint a 12" board now and then?
your envious neighbor,
John (Rocker)

Of course!!! (I drink Samual Adam's by the way :drunken_s)

Where about do you live in Fuquay?

George

sapwood

New User
Roger

Definitely a Pre-Suck!

Smooth sailing :icon_thum
Roger

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

George, that ought to be one sweet machine - especially with the spiral cutterhead! Congrats on the new score.

Scott

4yanks

New User
Willie

I'm green with envy. I could never fit that in my 16x20 shop.

Rocker

New User
John

George,
Sam Adams is a family friend of mine. We go way back. I'll be pleased to share some with you. I live off Sunset Lake Rd in the Brackenridge s/d.
Where are you and your GO609 residing?
John

GeorgeL

New User
George

George,
Sam Adams is a family friend of mine. We go way back. I'll be pleased to share some with you. I live off Sunset Lake Rd in the Brackenridge s/d.
Where are you and your GO609 residing?
John

Same here! I started drinking Sam Adams in 1990 before it was "cool".

I live off Judd Pkwy and Holland in the Morgan Creek sub division.

George

Jon

New User
Jon Todd

Wow thats pretty cool. I have an 8 inch with the Byrd head and love it. Congrats.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

You have definitely passed the 'piddler' category with a tool like that. Looks like a great tool. Congrats. I too want to hear how the segmented carbide planer teeth cut. BTW, the other day I was in Sears & bought a closeout plunge router. They are sneaky there. Gave me a 10% off coupon for the jewelry dept. I guess they were trying to keep me outa the dog house. Did they give you a discount coupon at Lexus with that one?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

You definetly suckkkkkkkkk lol good purchase:eusa_clap

GeorgeL

New User
George

Update:

I actually did receive the jointer on Nov 27th as promised. However it was not a simple matter getting it off the truck. The Grizzly pallet was very shoddy and fell apart in transit. Half the pallet, and the shipping crate for that matter, was assembled with spiral nails. The other half with staples. The stapled half fell apart. Obviously staples were not intended to hold half a ton! It took about an hour to get the monster off the truck and into the garage, where it still sits today. There was no damage to the jointer, but will 1000 lbs sitting flat on the ground it was tough to get the pallet jack under it. My original plan to disassemble the jointer, like I did the Woodmaster, and transport it to the basement shop didn’t quite work out. The disassembly of the parallelogram is not a simple matter of unbolting components (according to Grizzly) So, I’m tasked with getting the machine into the basement in one piece. My first attempt at using a hand truck was unsuccessful. My son and I could barely even budge the beast! Now I’m looking to moving companies, trying to find one that will attempt such a job. When I finally do find someone to move this machine then I will up some additional photos and put together a review.

George

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member

George:

Would multiple NCWW'ers help? Many hands make light work.

Doug

GeorgeL

New User
George

George:

Would multiple NCWW'ers help? Many hands make light work.

Doug

Actually they would. I wish I would of thought of that earlier. The problem I have now is time. I have today (12/16) and this Friday (12/21) or I have to push it off until after the 1st of the year.

George

J

jeff...

I've got a bunch of KD maple and QS beech you can practice on, just square one face and one edge call me when your done and I'll come pick it back up :lol:

YOU SUCK
YOU SUCK
and
YOU SUCK

There I feel better now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors