Tenon Saw Gloat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len

New User
Len
Found this at a yard sale for $10.00 last Saturday:

Paragon_Tenon.jpg

I not all that familiar with tenon saws, so I'm not sure if this is a gloat or not.

Brand name is "Paragon", which sounds French to me.

There's a blurb about "Swedish Quality Steel" on one side of the logo, and "Diamond Sharpened" on the other.

The blade is just under 12in long and 5in tall, with a 1in tall brass back. It has a nice heft to it, but I may have to work the handle a bit to fit my hand. The teeth appear to be shaped for cross cutting, but definately need some work.

Anyone out there familiar with "Paragon" saws that can tell me if I've got a gloat that's worth putting a bit of time into sharpening, or a piece of someone's marketing glitz not worth messing with?:dontknow:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, probably not worth the time and trouble.

Best just give it to me so it won't trouble you any further :p

SCORE!!!

Jim

Len

New User
Len
OK! Guess I'll count this one as an 'official' gloat.:eusa_clap

Now all I have to do is figure out where in the rubble the saw sharpening jig I made for my WorkMate a while back is buried.:confused_

Thanks for the info.

Len

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
If it is a dovetail or tenon saw, it should be sharpened for a rip cut rather than a cross cut. You can cut these joints with cross cut saws, but ther eis a noticeable difference in performance. Fortunately, sharpening for a rip cut is the simplest type of saw sharpening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors