Steve: Sharpening at the picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Hey Steve:

What do you think about finding a sharpening service (SS) to come to the picnic. We could all bring our dull saw blades and the SS could make some easy money. Maybe at a discount to us.;-)

Doug

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great idea Jim. However, we may have to extend the picnic to several weeks. I've got a lot of dull blades in my shop :lol:

Roger

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Hey Steve:

What do you think about finding a sharpening service (SS) to come to the picnic. We could all bring our dull saw blades and the SS could make some easy money. Maybe at a discount to us.;-)

Doug
Go to http://dynamicsaw.com and look at what they use to sharpen blades. Their prices are very reasonable. Shipping on one blade is a killer, but when you send three or more, price becomes reasonable. Go to post office and check what will go in a "flat rate box". I find this to be the most convienent way to ship items,. Doesn't hurt that local post office is a one horse operation. Always happy to see you and help you get best rate/ service. When was the last time you went to post office and was greeted with a SMILE? Of course we could do the standard thing, bring in blades and get them back at next picnic. Remember both Woodcraft and Klingspor's offer sharpening services.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey Steve:

Doug

I think that most, if not all, really good sharpening services use BIG machines and some are computer controlled. I doubt that any would bring out such machines to a picnic.

George

Doug, it is a great idea, but I think George has hit it on the head.:slap: I doubt that it would be practical.:crybaby2: But I will check around and see what can be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS