Spring 2009 Raffle Festool Kapex and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Well we have just finished our 4th fiscal Quarter Fund Drive. So now is the time to try maximize our income for the whole year. One of our goals this first fiscal year is to leave the Corporation with a reserve. If we do and how much it will be, will depend on how many tickets we can sell, so buy a lot.

Welcome to the 2009 Spring Raffle to benefit the North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. and our website. There are a number of excellent prizes and your $5 ticket gives you a chance at any of them. The more tickets you buy, the better your chances of winning any of the prizes. The drawing will be held at the Spring 2009 Picnic on May 16th and ticket sales will cease at 9:00 AM on Thursday, May 14th.

The Prize Lots have a retail value in excess of $2,400 (in order of selection)

1) A selection of Hardwood Burls contributed by Chris Brittain (liftnaleg1):

2) About 100 BF of 4/4 clear Ash donated by Jack Murdock (Saw4You). These are partially air dried (about 12-14% Moisture Content) and in widths up to 12":
GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg
3.jpg

3) A Veritas Standard Block Plane, donated by Lee Valley Tools (includes a Plane Sack, not shown):

4) A Veritas Bullnose Plane, donated by Lee Valley Tools (includes a Plane Sack, not shown):

5) A Lie-Nielsen Bronze Skew Block Plane (right hand), donated by Lie-Nielsen Tools (includes a Plane Sack, not shown). This plane has a removable side plate and adjustable fence for rabbeting. The skewed low angle blade facilitates smooth cutting in hardwoods with difficult grains:

6) A Veritas #4-1/2 Smoothing Plane, donated by Lee Valley Tools (includes a Plane Sack, not shown):
100_5463.jpg

7) A Festool Kapex KS120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw, donated by Klingspor's Woodworking Shop:
festool_mitersaw_561287.jpg

Here is a YouTube Video showing some of the features of this fine saw.

The Raffle Process:

1. All sales will be performed via this Raffle Link which will take you to Paypal. Please remember that you don't have to use or even have a Paypal account. You may use a credit card or even write an electronic check. However, we cannot accept checks or cash directly.
  2. Tickets may be purchased by anyone, including persons not registered on the website, except as noted below.
  3. Please make sure you included your email and phone number with Area Code in your contact info.
  4. Please make sure you include your UserName when asked.
  5. You will get a online receipt from PayPal. Please keep the Transaction ID or order number. Printing the entire receipt would be a good a idea.
  6. The Raffle will close at 9:00 AM 5/14/2009.
  7. You will receive via the email address that you used to make your purchase, your transaction id & a list of raffle ticket numbers, One number per ticket.
  8. The numbers will sent by Noon on 5/15/2009.
  9. ScottM (Scott Miller) will receive a list of all the raffle ticket numbers. He will ONLY receive the list of all numbers. He will NOT receive any other info. He will then make individual paper tickets with those numbers.
  10. On Saturday May 16th, the actual drawing will take place at the Spring Picnic by Steve Coles, Scott and a designated ticket puller.
  11. The first winning ticket will be awarded Lot 1. Additional tickets will be drawn for Lots 2, and so on until the last Lot is awarded. Winners not present will be notified by email or telephone and must arrange prize pickup or pay for shipping. If a winner decides they do not want a prize, a new number will be drawn for that prize.
  12. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Raffle: Steve Coles and Scott Miller.
  13. All proceeds will support the NC Woodworker, Inc.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
This whole process was designed so that no information about the raffle is kept on our server. That way only Steve Coles and Scott Miller have any access to the details. That is why they will not participate.

May you all have deep pockets and great luck in supporting this great raffle. In advance, thanks for participating.

Last edited by a moderator:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
:chatterbox::err::new_shock:wideeyed::tinysmile_aha_t:

Thank you guys for all the work you put into getting the prizes for the raffle!

Needless to say, I'm hoping for a lucky ticket!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers
:tool::tool::tool::tool::tool::tool::tool::tool:
:wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes::wrolleyes:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
How many tickets will you buy, ten could equal a Kapex for 50.00. That is a serious bargain in anyone's eyes. Just think, the more you buy the more chances you have. Come on ncww, buy those tickets.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Just got mine so y'all don't need to bother :gar-La; May is my luck month :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
The first winning ticket will be awarded Lot 1, the ticket will be recorded and returned to the bowl.

Please help me understand this. Why is it necessary for a winning ticket to be returned to the bowl for yet another chance of winning?

Inquiring minds (at least mine) want to know.

Mike

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The first winning ticket will be awarded Lot 1, the ticket will be recorded and returned to the bowl.

Please help me understand this. Why is it necessary for a winning ticket to be returned to the bowl for yet another chance of winning?

Inquiring minds (at least mine) want to know.

Mike
That was my error. It was in a draft but I forgot to change it. I will now.

MikeL

New User
Michael
:eek::eek::eek: Yeah, this is quite a raffle! There must have been some hard work behind the scenes to put this together. :eusa_clap

Now how many tickets will the CFO let me purchase? :eusa_thin

gator

George
Corporate Member
The Raffle Process:

1. The Raffle will close at 9:00 AM 5/14/2009.
  2. ScottM (Scott Miller) will receive a list of all the raffle ticket numbers. He will ONLY receive the list of all numbers. He will NOT receive any other info. He will then make individual paper tickets with those numbers.
  3. On Saturday May 16th, the actual drawing will take place at the Spring Picnic by Steve Coles, Scott and a designated ticket puller.
  4. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Raffle: Steve Coles and Scott Miller.
  5. All proceeds will support the NC Woodworker, Inc.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

May you all have deep pockets and great luck in supporting this great raffle. In advance, thanks for participating.

Did I miss something or was it on oversight not to include the fact that tickets would be on sale for cash at the pic-a-nic?

George

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'm guessing that they are closing down the ticket sales before the picnic to keep from having money change hands there. But it's just a guess. Anyway, just buy 'em ahead of time to make sure that you've got 'em.:gar-Bi

Glennbear

Glenn
I'm guessing that they are closing down the ticket sales before the picnic to keep from having money change hands there. But it's just a guess. Anyway, just buy 'em ahead of time to make sure that you've got 'em.:gar-Bi

Reading the explanation of how the ticket numbers are being processed, I would think that sales are being shut down ahead of time so Scott has time to prepare the tickets for the drawing prior to the picnic. :wsmile:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
If I wanted to buy 20 tickets, would they be in a single series or is there a way to split the numbers up? Say 4 in series, skip some numbers, 4 more in series, etc.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If I wanted to buy 20 tickets, would they be in a single series or is there a way to split the numbers up? Say 4 in series, skip some numbers, 4 more in series, etc.

Buy them at different times? Buy 4 wait a day or two buy 4 more so on and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS