Some pics of my intarsia

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Monticello10-11-08resized002.jpg

Monticello
What Thomas Jefferson's Monticello may have looked like in 1800.
800+ pieces, 17 different woods 24 x30

Monica023edited.jpg

The Journey
Commissioned intarsia depicting immigration from Guatemala to the U.S.
200 pieces,17 different woods 18 x 28

chariot-1.jpg

Roman Chariot
Custom intarsia for Italian restaurant
300 pieces ,22 different woods 20 x 24

Eaglebox11-03-08resized005.jpg

Commissioned Eagle boxes for eagle scouts
Zebrawood boxes with 6 other woods

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My wife just came running to my aid because she thought I was having a myocardial infarction or some kind of seizure.
Your work is outstanding and that is why I was having the fits. It's amazing...nuff said.

Dave:)

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
HOLY COW!!!!! Those are absolutly amazing. I don't think I have seen any thing as detailed and as nice as those.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

sawduster

New User
Robert
BOIIIIING !! :elvis: :swoon:

Holy bat , cowman , that is some superb work!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I do not have the patience for intarsia :no:

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Mike,

That's beautiful work. Are any of the woods dyed, bleached, etc., or are all of them their natural color?

Matt

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Mike, some beautiful work :icon_thum- I hope one day I will take Intarsia on for a project - I really do like it

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Thanks all for the great comments.
All of my intarsia is done using only the natural colors of the wood.
I start off with a photo and hand draw a pattern, then envision the type and size of frame that it needs and start scrolling the pieces, usually from the bottom up.It is very time consuming,challenging but very rewarding.
Monticello is by far the most detailed piece that I have done and the most time consuming.[150 hours over 2 months].Lots and lots of small pieces and a lot of detail carving but a lot of fun.
Thanks for viewing
Mike

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Holy moly!!!! I'd saw WOW but someone already said that. I can't find other words to discribe what I see. You are truely an artist.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thank you so much for sharing! That is beautiful, and more importantly, inspiring work!!!! I am just finishing up my first attempt of intarsia...guess I'll forgo posting pix now :rotflm: Man..I'm speechless! I sincerely hope that you are entering those into some contest somewhere or sharing them with some of the national mag's...you deserve to be recognized for that!

Chris

R

rickc

VERY nicely done! Great work - absolutely amazing. As was said earlier - there is no way I would have the patience (and arguably the skill) to do something like that. I am doubly impressed when I see the work of someone who does. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Masterful work, Mike!!!! :wsmile:

I too ran out of adjectives to describe these awesome pieces.

Thanks for sharing such artistry with us.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Glennbear

Glenn
Gorgeous Mike, but I would expect nothing less from a fellow Virginian :gar-Bi I guess you will be entering the 2010 NCWW calendar contest :wsmile:

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hey Chris
Don't be shy about posting your intarsia project.
We all began somewhere. My first few pieces weren't much to look at but I learned that the more I did the better it got .
Thanks for the comments
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS