Shop Elves and Clean Air Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The hypothetical air cleaner has become reality! :eusa_danc

This evening, Scott, Wayne and Steve came by to help install the beast. It wasn't terribly heavy, but I'm glad there were three of us (Steve was unloading the tools..) to align it with all the hooks. Scott, Wayne - THANKS! It's so nice to have shop elves :)

Of course, that took about 5 minutes. The remaining hour and a half were spent on shop talk :)

I think I need to work on my seating facilities in the shop. Getting a good shop stool later this month, that's a start.

Steve brought this along to help with the installation.

Not quite sure yet how to use it, but I'll figure it out over the next week or so :) (THANKS STEVE!!!). Also need to stop by Lowe's to get a small hex key for adjusting the bar ("Sorry honey, I had to go look at tools, Steve made me do it....") :tool:

All in all I'd say this was a fairly successful evening :icon_thum

alleng

New User
allen
bas, that thing must realy work good! i dont see any dust anywhere in the shop. one of the cleanest ive seen lately. ive gotta get one of them things. ive been doing a lot more wwing,and less just hanging out in the shop this year,fine dust evrywhere. im jealous to say the least:jealous:.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
With an air cleaner wouldn't it be
YOU SUCK/YOU BLOW/YOU SUCK/YOU BLOW/YOU SUCK/YOU BLOW?

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Congrats Bas, :icon_cheeAn Airfilter is something that you almost Have to have where your shop is.
By the photos I couldn't tell if there were any windows or outside doors.
SO that monster should do you very very well.
mmmm clean air!!!
Hey let me know how you like that miter guage/fence, I'm torn right now as to which one I am going to go after.
osborne, kreg or incra.
Oh I almost forgot I like that drill press cabinet. Good job:icon_thum

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Nice score! You'll be happy you put that in the shop ... it WILL make a difference that you can SEE.:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Bas (and elves)! :rotflm:

YOU SUCK!

Trent :icon_bigg

PS: I didn't know you had Darth Vader as one of your elves. 8-O

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Very nice! I have to get a new remote for mine. It was a long dowel to reach the off/on switch, but it keeps getting used in projects and now it's too short. :eusa_doh: :rolf:

Oh yeah - tu combibas! :icon_scra :roll:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Suckage all around, Bas! For your TOOL acquisition and to the elves for helping out.:icon_thum
Looks like more coffee drinking than work going on though.:rolf:

You may want to get tips from DaveO on how to make the elves more productive.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
PS: I didn't know you had Darth Vader as one of your elves. 8-O
The force is strong with Darth! He keeps any stray shavings from the planer from falling behind the well tank, thus keeping the shop clean! He uses his Jedi powers to simply deflect the wood chips (wave hand) :)

Steve W

New User
Steve
Bas,

U zuigt ^ 2 :rotflm:

Nice score -- and seeing that bench reminds me that I've gotta build one of those.

The elves look really busy there -- is that water-based stain in those cups?

:kermit: Steve

sapwood

New User
Roger
Three cheers for Team NCWWer (aka 6' shop elves) :eusa_danc

:eek:ccasion1 To good health with the clean air!

Live long and proper,
Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for hospitality, Bas!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Had a great evening full of learning, drooling, great humor and finally meeting another couple of NCWW'ers.:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

(That bench looks even better in oerson!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS