• What commitments?

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I guess, I should explain what I had in mind. My intent was to let people order from me at my cost the items I had available. This would be after I had samples to show.

BUT, I wonder if I am violating my own rules about no advertising, etc.:slap:
Don't missunderstand, I don't intend to make a dime, in fact I'll probably loose money, becuase not everything will get sold.

Anyway, here's a poll to help me may be get this started.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Steve, I'd say to charge enough to make sure that your costs are covered. This is something that everyone has asked for and I wouldn't feel right about you losing any money on it. You already do WAY too much for us!
As far as it being advertising or not...I think that the requests for the items comes more from the desire to be able to recognize other members than for the advertising benefits.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Steve, that would not be the same as commercial advertising in my mind. Also, you should charge at least enough to ensure that unsold NCWW merchandise does not do any of the following:
1. get you in trouble with SWMBO
2. provide a new net loss.
3. keep you from considering doing more things like that in the future.

Thanks for a great site!

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Tell you what Steve we'll let you slide on this one. Naw this is something I think many of us would love to have. We wouldn't mind that at all. As far as i am concerned we should "advertise" our club as much as possible. Its not like you are trying to sell someone something crazy. WE'll back you man!

clowman

Clay Lowman
I do not think that advertising your OWN site would violate the rules. I would want a TShirt. Maybe a hat. But, I don't want you losing money either.

DavidF

New User
David
I agree with all of the above - go for it and charge enough so that you can at least break even.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
check book is open, pen in hand,, I will take a couple shirts, hat and coffee mug if you have it. Be blessed friend. Ohh please do it to make profit,,I mean we are all gentlemen here right. Be blessed.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
You should not feel hypocritical for promoting the website...or even making a profit on it. You are promoting something that we all use and not swaying opinions based on unfair promotions.

Most of all, though, you should AT A MINIMUM set out to make a profit to cover hosting costs, your time working on the site, etc....

just my 2 cents...which happens to be right :lol:
Chris

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve,

By volunteering to do this you are providing another tremendous layer of support to the folks who enjoy this site so much. IMHO. I, with the rest of members, if given the opportunity to display the site logo emblazoned on a hat, golf shirt or t shirt to promote the site, would jump at the opportunity!

Conflict of interest. I don't THINK SO. After all that you contribute to our learning and enjoyment, that is the farthest thing from my mind. If you have the opportunity to make a little profit for your efforts, I say go for it. You have to cover your valuable time as well!

All the best!

Wayne

P.S. I will be needing some new tshirts soon. Spring is coming fast!

cskipper

Cathy
I believe that the whole point of this thing was that it would be cool to have logo items available so we could show our pride, self-advertise - letting other people know that there is this great group of people that maybe they would want to join... I'm sure that no one ever imagined you making them available in any manner that would make you bear any of the cost.

Now, if you wanted to run a separate business selling our site's logo to people who aren't members, purely for profit, then I might feel like you were violating your own rule.

You do so much for this group that if you wanted to charge enough to cover some of your site expenses I don't think anyone would mind. I doubt that you'd do that, but we have always tried to make you believe that we appreciate all your hard work, time and effort - and absorption of any costs related to the site.

my $.02 worth.

I think anything ordered needs to be prepaid , and include the initial setup fees for the logo, so you do not have any outlay of your cash or left over items.

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am all for it and what you sell them for should include a loss factor in case you don't sell them all. If you do sell them all, it gives you a little up front money to buy the next round. Reminds me of a not for profit company. Anything you make has to be spent and/or dispersed.

I am in for shirts and coffee mugs. No hats for me (I have too much hair).

cskipper

Cathy
There is not a choice in your poll that I could pick. Based on feedback you receive, I'd suggest rewording it or deleting it.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Steve, remeber the golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules :lol: . I agree with the above comments, charge enough to cover your overhead.

R

rickc

I have no problem with the idea of selling such items. I also agree with the sentiment you should charge enough to cover costs, and should you get in the situation where you have more income than expenses, use the extra to cover your costs for hosting the website. And don't feel guilty about doing so.

I am not so sure you couldn't set up a PayPal account and provide people with an option to donate what/if they want to help you cover costs. There is a site I go to that has free manuals that operates under this premise. I know you are not ASKING for it, but please consider that it might be good to let people SHOW their appreciation tangibly.

DavidF

New User
David
Just another related thought - I have a great shop apron that I had way back in my UK club with the "WoodWorker Fellowship" logo on it, could be a nice thing to add to the T-ship/hat thing. My 2'peneth

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
cskipper said:
There is not a choice in your poll that I could pick. Based on feedback you receive, I'd suggest rewording it or deleting it.

Do you have a suggestion about wording, please?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For those who voted "what commitments", from the home page under welcome
This site accepts NO donations

If I sell for anything more than the cost of the shirts then I am accepting donations:eusa_whis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS