Save Alamance Community College Woodturning class!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I learned yesterday from my father, who has been going to the ACC Woodturning Class taught by Bill and Jim Wallace, that its in danger of being canceled.

I will refrain from comments about the reasons, as I'd be forced to moderate myself.

The deal is, Senior Citizens no longer can attend this (and possibly other) classes for free. They now have to pay $85, and the course length has been shortened.

In addition, if the classes are not full, the College has told them they will be canceled.

Bill and Jim have run these classes for many years and it means so much to so many who have been going there.

So, if you have any interest in these classes, please take the time and expense to at least sign up.

Jim

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Jim I wish I was close enough to take this - Have they thought about having classes somewhere else?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Phillip, I can't say. The class is housed in an arts building with 6 or more lathes. They raised funds last year to buy a few new Jet lathes.

Other factors, Jim and Bill live in Wake Forest, and drive over an hour one way twice a week to teach woodworking classes. Should one or more of those classes be cut, its likely they won't be able to afford to make that trip.

The club is also important to the older folks who go there. Its as much turning as a social outlet. The fees are likely to keep some from attending.

Jim

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Where is the class held? The website lists "Broad St. Cntr." but the ACC website list only two locations, neither on a Broad St.

cskipper

Cathy
I'd help if I could, but I suspect they would be suspicious of my address in either Forest City or Greenville, SC.

Tiffany

New User
Tiffany
I wonder if they have ever considered a Saturday class. This is a little far for me to travel on a weeknight after work, but I could probably do a 3 week Saturday class or something like that. Maybe I'll suck it up and drive all the way out there for the 3 week class on Wednesday nights in December, but I'm going to have to wait and see how my work schedule goes...

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I second what Phillip said, I wish it was closer...And I wish I had a little more cash!!! I like the stuff, but it always seems to go quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS