Rocking Chair Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Cypress_Rockers_2.JPG

Here's a pair of cypress rockers my WW partner and I made today. We thought they turned out right nice.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I really like the design, not sure exactly why, it just seems to have all the right proportions. Finished just in time too, weather is supposed to turn cooler (read: bearable) this week.

Bas.

J

jeff...

Very Nice, I could rock my granddaughter in style for a good long time in one of those :icon_thum

clowman

Clay Lowman
Ohhh... I really like those! Are those your own design? If the LOML sees those, I know what the next project will be.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Those sure some nice looking chairs Reggie. I know some folks that would be proud to put them on their front porch. Are they very heavy? I bet not with that cypress:icon_thum

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
We had been building these from treated lumber, but hooked up with Ivey and now we build them from cypress. They are light and my wife says "No more treated stuff." These are already on our porch.

Your suggestions on finishing them are welcome. We'd like to preserve the natural colors.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mike, let me figure it up and I'll get back to you. Everything is built from 2X4's or 2X6's and 3/4 lumber. We ripped some 2X6's down to 2 3/4 inches for the back supports. The rockers have to be cut from 2X6's due to the radius. The slats are 1 3/4 inches. 11 in the seat and 8 or so in the back.

J

jeff...

Keep coming back to these rockers - I really like them ALOT. They just seem so well proportioned inviting and comfortable. Wonder what they would look like made out of ERC?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Probably mighty fine! If you'd like a pair and you have any dry cedar, bring it to the BBQ and we'll make you a pair. Have em ready for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS