Request from WOOD Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I received the following email:

"The editors of WOOD magazine would greatly appreciate it if you could include the copy below in your print or online newsletters. Thanks, Marlen at WOOD

Want to see your shop get national magazine exposure?
Do you have the kind of shop other woodworkers like to visit? Is your shop filled with clever ideas that help you work smarter, faster, or safer? Have you designed and built special tool racks, machine bases, cabinets, jigs, or other shop helpers you think your fellow woodworkers would find interesting? If so, the editors at WOOD invite you to submit your workshop or individual shop projects for review and possible publication in future editions of America’s Best Home Workshops. Your shop doesn’t have to be big or nit-picky clean. The ideas could be storage solutions, task-specific jigs, shop tips, or the special way you designed, built, and outfitted your shop. Mail your entry to America’s Best Home Workshops, WOOD, 1716 Locust Street, LS221, Des Moines, IA 50309-3023 or go online at woodmagazine.com/homeshops"

I would like to hear what you all think about this. I am note sure why we should give up valuable space on our home page for this with no return to our organization. We could start apost, but the question is: should we?

Doug

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
My main thought is that as it will take some space, it might be a chance for someone here to get some exposure they might not get otherwise. To me it should be mentioned in said article that the lead came from NCWW and get us some exposure too. The only drawback to that could be a lot of new potential members that would not meet residency requirements. So, in part I am for it, but there is a part of me that says it could have a negative effect on our name.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I don't think it should be in our banner, but I could see posting when they are going to be here in upcoming events.

I would also suggest opening a thread. NCWW is about promoting woodworking, and this would be in that space. I don't see giving any free ad space or anything more than we would do for any other function.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I think a thread would do it. They have advertised this in their magazine, so our members that subscribe may already know about this.

M

McRabbet

I agree that it should be limited to a new thread in the User Announcement Forum. If our members are interested, then let them apply and ask them to put in a plug for NCWoodworker.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 on the anouncement thread only. I do hope one or more of our guys get their moment of glory.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Absolutely we should promote and support this. The excitement of having one's shop listed in a major woodworking magazine would be huge for one or more of our members.

You know who comes to mind re jigs, etc? Joe Sharle, amongst others. We ought to try to come up with a list of folks and encourage them to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors