Really mad at Saw Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
google the utter guys.

they are distributor down in FL that sells stuff obscenely cheap.

i don't know if they have the saw stop line or not.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
google the utter guys.

they are distributor down in FL that sells stuff obscenely cheap.

i don't know if they have the saw stop line or not.

Nope, no SAWSTOP stuff. But your right about their prices. They are about 1hr away, I might be making a field trip.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
since your taking a drive, scoot on up to atlanta and buy one from Redmond Machinery. they should have one in stock and you might save your sales tax if you buy it online and then just pick it up.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I wish...I think I'm gonna devote no more than 1400 for a cabinet style saw (non-SS). If I can get better pricing in other stores/manufacturer then I might go with the SS. When I move for the military, I'm worried about exceeding my total household goods weight limit.

How much will the military ship for you? Air Force will Ship 8,000 for me. Now I did have 7,200lbs coming here from Okinawa and that's before all my TS, BS etc. That's why I am hauling it in my trailer.

I checked Uhaul and they wanted $2,200+ for a truck and trailer and $1700 for just the trailer which they wouldn't let me rent because of the Explorer on my sport trac.

So that's why I put that money towards buying my own trailer.

With the truck you have, I would haul those tools. Then you won't have to worry about weight, or a Cabinet saw.

Dragon

New User
David
Nice to know we got some folks here who can afford saws like that. Before I invested that kind of money I'd have to win the lottery and then I'd be questioning it. For over 2 Grand, it'd better do its own cutting and not make any mistakes either.
:rotflm:

SubGuy

New User
Zach
how much will the military ship for you? Air force will ship 8,000 for me. Now i did have 7,200lbs coming here from okinawa and that's before all my tablesaw, bandsaw etc. That's why i am hauling it in my trailer.

I checked uhaul and they wanted $2,200+ for a truck and trailer and $1700 for just the trailer which they wouldn't let me rent because of the explorer on my sport trac.

So that's why i put that money towards buying my own trailer.

With the truck you have, i would haul those tools. Then you won't have to worry about weight, or a cabinet saw.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I shipped 9k of household goods from Seattle to here (further) for only 5k with them packing it up and then unpacking on other side.

Man - THAT's a long move! :eek:

As for the sawstops.

right proud of em aint they. I would be looking at a real nice cabinet saw for that money.

I have a good cab saw but if I didn't and was buying a TS now I'd probably try to find a used SS cab saw. Yep, I know I would.

Chuck

Z06

New User
Dave
Have you checked with these guys?

We are in the Tampa/Clearwater area at least twice a week.

Visit us online at http://www.glencomachinery.com

We also carry: Saw Stop, Powermatic, Oliver, JET, Shop Fox, Steel City Tool Works, Used Machinery, Sanding Belts, Saw Blades, Router Bits, Shaper Cutters, and More..
Table saws, bandsaws, planers, jointers, sanders, etc.

The New Saw Stop Professional Cabinet Saw is now available for preorder - $2,999.00 Free Shipping, call/email to reserve yours today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member

Matt, you have to understand that the Navy can carry cargo on their ships. When I went to Okinawa, the AF allowed me 3000 lbs. Navy and Marines got 10,000. Its who you know, bro!!:mrgreen:

Zach: For $300, I'll haul it from here! I have a brother that lives in Panama City (about 6 hours away from you), and that will pay for my gas round trip, plus a car wash to clean all the salt residue from my truck from that infernal surf salt spray that covers everything in Cocoa Beach!! :gar-La;

Go

PS. Of course, after picking up the saw, I will have to try it out here to make sure everything works right first. You understand, right? May take a while... Just send the $$ and I'll be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors