Really mad at Saw Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I just called the closest distributor of SS in my area (75 miles) and this is what I got:

The 10" Contractor Model with 52" Professional T-glide Fence - 1,839.00
The Brake Cartridge (spare) - 69.00
The Dado Cartridge (I want one) - 89.00
Subtotal: 1997.00
Shipping/Delivery (from SS to the Store) - 450.00:swoon::realmad:
Tax - 146.82
Fuel Cost (mine 150mi round trip) - 30.00
GRAND TOTAL - 2623.82:swoon::eek::swoon::eek::elvis:

So let me recap....I'm paying 2623.82 for a Contractor Saw that I have to spend 3-4 hours picking up. I cannot believe this........(at loss for words)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
right proud of em aint they. I would be looking at a real nice cabinet saw for that money.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Wouldn't you be cheaper to order from Sawstop direct and have it shipped straight to you?

PS - right proud of em aint they. I would be looking at a real nice cabinet saw for that money.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Zach, I would be talking to the local distributor about when they expect to place their next order, get your order piggy-backed with that one, and your shipping costs, and perhaps some other costs, will be reduced.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Yow! Are you sure this distributor is on the up and up? Might be worth calling another one and getting a quote to see if you're in their in the same ballpark.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Wouldn't you be cheaper to order from Sawstop direct and have it shipped straight to you?

PS - right proud of em aint they. I would be looking at a real nice cabinet saw for that money.
I'll have to contact them. I didn't know that they would do that.

Zach, I would be talking to the local distributor about when they expect to place their next order, get your order piggy-backed with that one, and your shipping costs, and perhaps some other costs, will be reduced.
I will ask them about that tomorrow, but they don't stock it so I doubt that will happen. Who knows, maybe a big order will come in and I can piggy-back that one.:widea:

Toolking has the saw as described for $1839, carts are the same price and freight with lift truck is $90.
Yeah but ToolKing is only authorized to sell in the state of Colorado, they can't, by contract, ship out of state. If I bought it from them and arranged shipment, I would still incur the freight cost. Maybe a PE from Colorado to FL. :rotflm:

Yow! Are you sure this distributor is on the up and up? Might be worth calling another one and getting a quote to see if you're in their in the same ballpark.

I'll be calling one in Tampa tomorrow. 115mi drive but if they can make it work I will drive it.
So, is this a pre-gloat? :rotflm:
And the heck with you MIKE!:slap::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Not cheap, that's for sure. I don't know if this applies to the contractor saw, but I believe retailers don't pay shipping on orders of 4 or more saws. That could just be the PCS/ ICS models though.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I checked with Klingspore when I was considering this saw. They didn't add shipping to their price. I'd find another dealer.

Here is a "like new" saw - http://www.jgmachinery.com/detail/index.php?itemid=9817 you might be able to save some money on.

I wish...I think I'm gonna devote no more than 1400 for a cabinet style saw (non-SS). If I can get better pricing in other stores/manufacturer then I might go with the SS. When I move for the military, I'm worried about exceeding my total household goods weight limit.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Everything looks normal, but the shipping is just crazy. Unfortunately, that's not out of the ball park as it was $400 a few years ago. However, my buddy lives in Tampa and picked up the "industrial" SawStop locally for $2,500 (or so) used a few months ago ... maybe look around and find one of those (I assume you have room, as you got the 52" bars on that one)

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
When I was looking to buy one, Klingspor told me that the truck literally went down I-40 on the way to their Raleigh store, and that for an extra $25 (or maybe it was $50, I really don't remember), they could make a stop at my house and drop it off. I wound up buying it from Woodcraft, and there were no shipping fees added to the total. Mind you, I did not get any discounts either, and I was very persuasive!

FlyingRon

Ron
When I was looking to buy one, Klingspor told me that the truck literally went down I-40 on the way to their Raleigh store,

I bought mine from Klingspor in Hickory. Since I live pretty close to the store, they used their own delivery truck for $50. It was much cheaper than what WoodCraft quoted me to send it up from Matthews.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I'll be calling Woodcraft and Klingspor. I still haven't decided on whether to get the Pro or the Contractor. Wife says buy what you want so I can get either. If I can get it without the RIDICULOUS shipping cost in NC, I might make the Shop Crawl:dontknow::gar-Bi. BTW you can't order direct and I shipped 9k of household goods from Seattle to here (further) for only 5k with them packing it up and then unpacking on other side.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Man, I can think of A LOT of other tools that I'd rather spend $2700 on. :rolleyes:

Oh I just bought my wife a new Rooms to Go living room so I got the "I've got my couch and other stuff, I don't care what you spend". I think now is my true opportunity to get what I want. I might be paying more than I should, but the thought of getting a bad accident make me think that it is justified. I have struggled over this since I found the saw about a year and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS