Problems - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First let me apologize for the initial problems of last night and early this morning. Then for having to take down the site completely.

In trying to understand and then fix the problems that started last night, I found a whole rat's nest of bad logic and code. My code and my logic:oops::slap::slap::slap: Then I found that the problems had caused a whole bunch of logical inconsistancies in the 2 of the database which had to be fixed. I couldn't come up with usual "quick & dirty" clean up the DB tricks. Some of the tables are now too large for that. I had to write and debug a program to straighten out the mess.:crybaby2:

At this point, I hope all is well but I won't really know for a while.

The fixes will have the site effect that the visits/week will no be more stable. That number is now only computed at 3:00 AM. The wild changes that some people have should now be better, especially after a few more weeks.

Some people may notice that their visits/week are now lower than before. The number showing now is actually correct.

Again, my apologies

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Thank you Steve for all the work you do to keep this site up and running.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
But I did have to WORK at work today.:crybaby2:

Danny

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Steve, That DB thing had me thrown for a loop. I am glad that you got it straightened out. I almost cried after not being able to access the site last night and this morning due to the DB issue, then being stuck at work where I can't play on the computer anymore, and then I came home looking forward to catching up with what was going on the site and I found that you'd taken it down :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:
I'm glad that we're back :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
The shakin' has almost subsided :lol:
Dave:)

Last edited:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
In trying to understand and then fix the problems that started last night, I found a whole rat's nest of bad logic and code

??????? Greek Greek Greek ????????

What a thankless job and quite frankly you lost me after Rat's nest!
Thank gosh for you Steve! Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Stellar job, Steve. You de man, regardless of the "bugs." I have enjoyed my NCWW experience more than any other site I've ever visited.

toolman

New User
Chad
The fixes will have the site effect that the visits/week will no be more stable. That number is now only computed at 3:00 AM. The wild changes that some people have should now be better, especially after a few more weeks.

Some people may notice that their visits/week are now lower than before. The number showing now is actually correct.

Again, my apologies

Steve
I have noticed the visits/week ( most of the time at visits/week = 7) but at times the visits/week = 6.67 +/-. No big deal!!! But I log on two times a day, and I have been doing this for about two weeks. And for the last week every day but my visits/week = 6.22?? Again no big deal I just noticed it.
To me you have did a Fine Job on the site :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thanks for keeping it going. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
Thanks Steve!

It is so nice to come home at night, see a computer glitch and know that it's not my A** if I don't fix it yesterday. The up-time and availability of the site is incredible if you ask me.

U Rock dude !

David

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Thanks Steve for getting us on track. I was worried I was not wanted anymore as I hadn't posted in a while. I am getting back to myself a little and hope to make my way to the shop sometime this week even if it is just to open the door. Still going to be awhile before I can do any wood working. But have been working on some clock plans. Thanks again Steve for all the care you show for us. Terry:eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve
I have noticed the visits/week ( most of the time at visits/week = 7) but at times the visits/week = 6.67 +/-. No big deal!!! But I log on two times a day, and I have been doing this for about two weeks. And for the last week every day but my visits/week = 6.22?? Again no big deal I just noticed it.
To me you have did a Fine Job on the site :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Thanks for keeping it going. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Chad, because I am monitoring the visit/week stuf closely becuase of the bugs that I hope I just fixed, I just looked at your visit records closely. Remember, that only the first visit of a day counts and that each day starts(for calculation puposes) at 8:00PM the evening before. Here is what I found.

Your calculation cycle is currently started on Aug 4, 8:00 PM. You have visited every day EXCEPT:
from aug 15, 8:00 PM to aug 16 8:00PM, you did not visit. That is why your visits/ day are just below 7. If you visit everyday from now on you should see the number getting closer to 7 but not quite there.

I hope that explains it.:eusa_danc

sapwood

New User
Roger
Whew! Sorry you've been infested with rat's nests and bugs. :roll:
Don't you think it's about time you got a raise?
Would it help if DaveO stopped posting :rolf:

Wish I could be more helpful :-(

Thanks Steve,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors