Power tools bandsaw blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

curley

New User
Jim Posey
I'm changing out my factoty bs blade,I want several different sizes.1/4,,3/8,1/2.But I'm not sure what brand is best.I want a good cutting blade,Any sugestions? By the way ,good to meet a lot of new friends.Hello....Jim:eusa_clap ps.It's a Craftsman 12in. 89 1/2 long

sapwood

New User
Roger
Curley,

I'm sure you will get lots of opinions on this question.:) Here is a link to a similiar question someone posted earlier.

Hope this helps,
Roger

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
i made an order for a bandsaw blade from woodcraft (only can afford one right now) but they wanted to know what size and what it is used for and set me right up. thanks for the info monty

curley

New User
Jim Posey
Thanks for all the help,I think I'll go with Woodcraft.I have heard a lot of good things about Timberwolf to.But I think I'll get one from Woodcraft and if I like that one I can get my others from them. Thanks again Been a lot of help. :eusa_clap

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I think "Woodcraft Bands" sells mostly Lennox bi-metal blades whereas "Woodcraft" the retail store sells Suffolk Machinery's "Timberwolf" line of carbon blades.

The Lennox bimetal blades are much more durable and have comparable cut-quality to the Timberwolf, but about 1.5-2x the cost (but 5x the longevity).

YMMV.

BTW, if you are buying 1/4" and 1/2" blades, I wouldn't bother buying 3/8" too.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS