Pizza thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
The Pizza thread was getting a little testy, so I deleted a couple of posts and edited one. I'll be offlin this afternoone, so give me a hand here. Lot's of good stuff in the thread, but a couple are leaning toward fighting the Civil War again :wconfused:

TIA,
Roger

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I like fighting the Civil War again, 'cause the North won!

yes, I will take my beating for that.
I read the posts you soft deleted and felt that was the right thing to do. might have left the first one, but the second would have been gone, but then I am rather sure that leaving the first one would have led to more similar statements... so it would have been ultimately deleted also.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I decided that the thread was going sour so I just closed it. No good can come out of it.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Like what? Go in and post what? I feel this thread is going sour so I am closing it?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jon,

I missed all of the excitement over the last day or so, but I'll agree that when one of these threads starts getting emotional, it can go sour real quick. I don't think it matters whether someone takes offense where none is proffered, or someone is offensive. The end result is hurt feelings and that wrecks the beauty of this site. I support your call.

Roger,

Good call on the post you deleted. I agree that was bordering on a food fight (pun intended).

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's funny that a thread like this should have to create so much controversy. It has very little value for the site, other than making me hungry. I have read through the thread several times looking for the issues that were mentioned and that have really got certain folk's feathers ruffled. I really don't see that there is a big deal. I don't think that anyone is saying that NC or the South are bad. Most are just talking about their preferences in food. I found the restaurant recommendations informative, and that is why I thought the thread should continue. With the exception of the deleted (soft and hard) posts I thought the thread was quite civil. But due to issues among the staff over this thread it is going to be closed again.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Agreed. Sometimes folks take offense easily. I think this thread is the perfect target for data mining... so many restaurant reviews in there...

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Apparently we agree. Sometimes this job sucks :lol:
It only takes a sprinkling of bad to ruin a great thread. Members who have contributed good posts get deleted in the process. That has to confuse and/or frustrate them somewhat. :confused_

Ray, you made a great point about what is "offensive". Each of us is unique with diverse perspectives.

:notworthy: I'm proud to be a member of such a great staff.

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
As a complete :newbie: to this moderator thingy, I appreciate the opportunity to actually see the action taken on this thread! I can now see where it is time to jump in and "make a call".

I remember as a manager in my previous life, I never did get good marks in "Conflict Resolution". :nah:Maybe its time that I learn a little more and put to practice!

Thanks again for this opportunity for this learning experience!

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
WAyne,

That's the beauty of the 'soft' delete... only us mods and admins can see the post after the soft delete. it gives us a chance to look and chat about the problem. I like to post a note to the mod and admin forum to get some feedback, because I can make mistakes faster than just about anybody.

Ray

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Another thing that I wnat to say is once a thread is closed just because you are a Mod and you can you should not go into a closed thread and post something or delete something that you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS