Pictures of workshop construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
In the winter of 2007 I started building my new 22 x 28 workshop. The shop is finished and I will attempt to post pictures of it here.
The concrete floor has cured for 2 weeks now and I figure that is good enough. Beside that, I wanted to get the building started.

The first wall is up, now for the rest.

All 4 walls standing

Using a lift I rented to install the roof trusses

Looking at the roof trusses from inside the workshop.

Time to get the building undercover incase nasty weather comes along.

Installing the vinyl siding so this building will match my house which is actually behind me.

Electrical, insulation and wallboard finished. Installing the propane heater so I can work in comfort when the weather is not so nice.

8x8 room to house the dustcollector.

Last step, epoxy finish on the floor. Now I can get the tools moved in and get started on the cabinets.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Wow! Nice job on the the shop, Bob. Can I come over and drool over all that space?:rolf:

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Bob,

Looks like you are going to have a wonderful work place. Love that floor and oh, yea the heater too. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up Keep up the good work and post some more pics as you progress.

Mike

M

McRabbet

Superb shop -- 616 SF of pure heaven! It looks really nice -- we'll look forward to the addition of the DC system and tools...

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
VERY NICE Bob! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'm sure it is very rewarding to see something that you've worked on for so long, finally comeplete and ready to [STRIKE]be covered with sawdust[/STRIKE] use. ;-) It looks great! I can't wait to see some pics of it all filled up with tools and wood. :icon_thum

Trent :icon_bigg

PS: If you look at the pictures Bob posted and scroll down, it looks like Mike Davis's old avatar.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bob, that looks outstanding. And best of all, you did it yourself :eusa_clap
Of course, you'll soon discover you made the shop 20% too small. You should have made it 24x30. In which case you would have discovered it's still 20% too small :)

Looks like you took care of everything - heat, air cleaner, DC with separate room, lots of outlets. Little things like walls, foundation are useful too. Better hurry moving in the tools, there'll be another shop crawl before too long.

:wav:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That thing is looking GOOD, Bob! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am blessed with a 30 X 40 and it's getting smaller each day. BUT, I have way too much junk in there! :embaresse

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. My only suggestion is put in your DC system NOW, don't wait. Just keep it flexible. I'm putting mine in next week, Lord willing.

Take care.

:biggrin:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good looking shop. A benchmark in design & features. Hope you enjoy it. :icon_thum

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Nice job Bob,

It reminds me of the shop that I built from the ground up in NJ. It's a great sense of accomplishment to know that you had your hands in all of the aspects of the building process. Good luck with it.

Jimmy:)

woodrat

New User
Archie
Congratulations on the new shop.

Dust collector has it's own room. You have all that space for tools and work area, but where is the bathroom, Bob?
You'll just have to build an addition to house the privy. :nah:

Just kidding of course.

Woodrat

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wonderful looking shop, Bob!
And the pixs make it look so easy :rolleyes:
A well thought out plan and lots of hard work :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing,
Roger

Steve W

New User
Steve
I have shop envy. :frown3qg:

Heat is GOOD! The way it's been lately, you will definitely use it!

:kermit: Steve

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That thing is looking GOOD, Bob! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am blessed with a 30 X 40 and it's getting smaller each day. BUT, I have way too much junk in there! :embaresse

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. My only suggestion is put in your DC system NOW, don't wait. Just keep it flexible. I'm putting mine in next week, Lord willing.

Take care.

:biggrin:

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse

Now HOW did I miss that DC ROOM! I MUST be gettin' old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS