Outreach - Klingspor - Cary 9/7/2019- Corrected date!

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Coleman has invited us to their Cary anniversary event on September 6, it's a Friday September 7. We are looking for volunteers to be there to talk all things NCWW. I'm working with Coleman for the logistics, and will update this post once I have more information. I'm thinking we will have some table space to have samples of our works, etc.

Let's show Coleman some support for all they have provided to us over the years, and keep this relationship rolling for the future.

Added to the calendar.

Respond to this thread to sign up.

Mark (Melinapex)Meet & greet
Rob (Robliles)discuss bowls & small furniture
Richard (Graywolf)live handiwork
Dirk (Golfdad)as needed
Matt (mpholway)Morning hours
Michael (Michael Mathews)on-call at work, be there if possible, as long as possible
Phil (Phil S)available first few hours
John (JohnnyR)
Steve (Bear Republic)available morning hours

Last edited:

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
I would be interested in volunteering. Let me know details and what you want me to bring and I will do the rest.

Rob

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
@ScottM, as soon as I hear back from Coleman, I will be updating this first post.

@robliles, thank you.

More info on what Coleman wants us to do will be posted as soon as I have it.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will have the classroom, and the event hours will run from 10-4, same as last year. Meryl (Klingspore's-Cary) recommended we be there by 8:30-8:45.

There will be lathes setup in the classroom area, but we may have to provide chucks. We will be able to showcase anything we want to demo there.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Interested. I can turn some pen barrels, rings., etc.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Gene, I will add you to the list

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Bowman,

I am still available and would like to volunteer for this event. What can I bring? I can bring various bowls for display as well as several pieces of small furniture, i.e. cherry Windsor chair, mahogany tilt top candle stand and maybe a couple of others. I am not sure what I feel competent enough at to demonstrate but am willing to man the display, answer questions and just be amazing eye candy. Let me know what I can bring.

Rob

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Gene, I will add you to the list
Just recalled that is the first Saturday in September the same day of the NCFS Turners meeting. I may need to be excused.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reminder, this event is quickly approaching, and we only have 4 volunteers to work this event. Let me know even if you can only help out for a couple of hours, all which will be greatly appreciated!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I could bring some stuff and talk about the Scroll Saw club that meets there. If you want.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Neal,

I am still planning on being there and look forward to seeing everyone involved. I assume this is being held at the Cary store at 107 Edinburgh S Drive, which is just off US 1 which was absolute remote undeveloped country when I lived in Raleigh. As I said before, I can bring some small furniture and bowls. I can also bring an additional 6X3 table for additional display space (I would be honored to have Charlie's amazing pieces on my table) and some folding chairs if needed. I can try to get there no later than 9 AM as it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Let me know if you want me to bring the table and I really look forward to seeing everyone that Saturday.

Rob Liles

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Charlie, Berta, and Rob:
We would let down if you did not bring your work for display!

From my understanding, there will be tables available to display works on. If someone can bring an additional table as a backup option, that would be fantastic! The doors generally open before 9 as there has been crowds down the sidewalk itching to get in the doors.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS