One awesome benchtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Hey all,

I just had to do a general thank you to Pete and Mike in Fayetteville. I took my sorry benchtop to Pete's garage and we cut it in half and planed both sides so smooth we almost didn't need to sand it. However, once we got ready to glue it up, Mike showed up. So, we glued it up and waited until the glue dried before realizing we were going to have to sand it afterall. We took it over to Mikes place and ran it through the ginormous sander several (thousand?) times. After about 30 passes we had one heckuva nice finish on it.

From my partner Annie and I, I would like to thank you guys both. You are the best! Mike even gave me an awesome piece of oak to use as the apron. YES! I chamfered the edges this morning and am locating the benchdog holes. By this weekend, I should have the thing complete!

I feel like I should name this thing! Any suggestions? The SS Chipwood? LOL

Anna-Catherine

Attachments

• Awesome Benchtop.jpg
    Awesome Benchtop.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 210

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_clap What wonderful teamwork. And the results are awesome, it looks smooth as a mirror. You are going to enjoy it for a long time :mrgreen:

Roger

J

jeff...

Look like you two ladies got a nice benchtop there. is that a maple top, kinda hard for me to tell from the pictures.

Thanks

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Look like you two ladies got a nice benchtop there. is that a maple top, kinda hard for me to tell from the pictures.

Thanks

Yeah, we call it SYMP, as in Southern Yellow Maple Pine! :rolf: :rolf:

It's just SYP. I'm making the legs out of gorgeous MSWP as in Maple Stud White Pine. It will have an Oak apron, real oak not that finicky SYMO as in Southern Yellow Maple Oak. LOL

Anna-Catherine:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

dozer

Mike
Anna, Looks like all that time and hard work payed off. That is a great looking bench top. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished bench.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
that looks real good layed out over those sawhorses like that, almost looks like a real bench.

all I could smell all night long was SYP, after running it through the sander :drunken_s

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
that looks real good layed out over those sawhorses like that, almost looks like a real bench.

all I could smell all night long was SYP, after running it through the sander :drunken_s

LOL, me too. Every time we stopped at a light on the way home, a wave of pine smell enveloped the truck. LOL:lol:

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The bench top looks great! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

I need to go through the same exercise myself one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors