Newbie Woodworker Here; What a great site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Hello everyone. I was so glad to find a site that offered local connections to talk shop with, share projects and learn from experienced professionals and newbies alike. My goal is to turn my 2 car garage into a shop that will afford me the ability to expand and upgrade in the years to come. Any advice is welcomed, as I am currently shopping for a few Christmas gifts to myself! What are some of the best buys out there? Are there classified ads for tools on this site? I look forward to being a part of this group and thanks for your time in reading my blurb.

Michael

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Michael!
Lot's of folks here glad to help you spend money on tools :lol:
Check out the Buy and Sell forum for used tools, links to Hot Deals, and a few reviews. In the Main Menu you will also find highlighted in green lists of NC Wood Suppliers, Sawyers, Retailers, and even a woodworking lexicon :icon_thum

And don't hesitate to ask specific questions about your interests. We look forward to your input and we're always a sucker for pictures of tools and projects :mrgreen:

Roger

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Michael
Welcome aboard you will really like this site and all of it's fine members. Don't forget to set up a photo album as we all like to see pictures. :eusa_danc

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Michael! There is a buy and sell forum on this site, but trust us - we will be happy to help you spend your money (umm, find new tools)!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Michael, welcome. If you are planning on buying tools look out for a guy by the name of Woodguy, he'll send you in the right direction :lol: :lol: Glad to have you here, lookin' forward to seeing you around!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

You've already gotten some good advice on where to look on this site -- the Buy and Sell Forum will commonly have items up by members (there is a 6" Grizzly jointer posted in the past few days). Basically, you need to define the type of woodworking you want to undertake and get the tools that are essential for that track. For example, if you want to make wood bowls or pens, a lathe is first. If you want to build shop cabinets or kitchen cabinets or bookcases or an entertainment center, then a tablesaw should be high on your list. A jointer is needed if you buy rough cut wood or want to glue up panels for doors. A bandsaw is key for any curved cuts or resawing thick stock. And so on. Folks here will be happy to answer your questions. And be sure to browse through our Download and Link Libraries for information we have or have found elsewhere.

Best of luck and we'll see you around the forums.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors