New shop under construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhay

New User
Jay
Thought I would show pics of my new shop /money pit. It is approx 60'x35' and will have a front porch on it approx 28' long. The siding is rough sawn hemlock from a local mill with a green metal roof. The interior second floor(my pout house)is framed with 4x12 oak beams which are supported by locust logs. I will take some interior pics later.

Kdub

New User
Kurt
that's a good looking shop, can't wait to see pics of the inside. have you been building it yourself? how long have you been working on it?
kurt

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
John,
are those concrete piers that support the structure.If so,what is the span from pier to pier.Definitely love the design and look forward to the interior pictures.
Greg

John,clicked to enlarge and now see the concrete block,sorry

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
60' x 35'? That is 2100 sq ft. Man that is sweet. I would kill for a dedicated shop.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
What an inspiring setting to do your woodworking! That looks beautiful.

jstraw

New User
John
Nice looking shop. Really like the lines, and the look of the door. I would love to build something like that, but the wife might get upset when the shop is bigger than the house.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Holy workshop, Batman!:gar-Bi That thing is bigger than my house.:swoon: When I visit can I just sleep out there?:gar-La;

Great looking shop...more pics, more pics!

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Yeah, I would kill for a shop that size. And I'd kill a whole bunch more for the setting. Then I'd get killed by the wife for building a shop almost 2x the size of my house.:swoon: But it would be worth it...

Can you tell I'M GREEN WITH ENVY?

Maybe someday, when I'm a big boy, I can have a shop like that. Or a house!!

Congratulations, on a shop most of us would love to have. Take interior pics soon. My envy drives me!!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Man, major shop envy :tongue2:
But, I like it :mrgreen:

And I don't think I've seen anything made of hemlock :icon_thum

Roger

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Pout house. I love it. No more heading out to my "rat hole", I'll be safely tucked away in the pout house.

jayhay

New User
Jay
Thanks for the compliments. I have been building it myself for the last 4 months. A friend has a woodmizer sawmill and alot of the lumber came from storm damaged trees we took down. It is mainly roughsawn framing. The pillars are made from flue block with steel rebar and then poured solid. Because of the slope of the land the back of the shop is about 10 ft. off the ground. I do plan to have water out there but that is it except for maybe a funnel and some tubing for emergencies! When I laid it out origanaly my wife came home and said "dont you want it bigger than that?" Well I dont know about you but to me that was a free pass! I am insulating it now and hope to have the wiring connected in next few weeks.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful shop. How have you found time to contribute to the weed pot drive??:dontknow::dontknow:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Great looking shop. i like the look of it. I just move into my new shop and it is nice to have a little extra space to move around in. Enjoy.

Post some inside photos.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
John,

You have a front porch on that shop? I don't think Scott Smith has a front porch on his shop. :rotflm:

It is looking great so far. That must be so rewarding, building your own HUGE shop. Thanks for sharing and please post some pics of the inside soon. :icon_thum

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS