New shop acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
OK, the ya'll have been wanting to know why I'm selling my precious contractor saw... well, here ya go:

IMG_2064.jpg

I picked up this Jet cabinet saw from Woodsaw, a member of this here forum. With 3 hp, left tilt, and Xacta fence with 50" capacity, I think it will definitely be an improvement over my contractor saw. The disadvantage is that I won't have the small footprint and excellent mobility that I got used to with the smaller saw. This cabinet saw takes up a lot more room in my small shop, so a major rearrangement is underway...

IMG_2066.jpg

I have already moved a whole section of cabinets and the CMS/mortiser station to make room for this thing. I think I will put a mobile CMS station in that empty space. I also want to make an extension table for the TS, probably similar to what I made for my contractor saw. I think that proper outfeed support is an important safety feature for any table saw.

This Jet saw came with a cabinet under the far end of the table, but I'm not sure I'll be able to use it... the door to that cabinet opens to the outside (against the wall in my case). I think I will make a simple cabinet underneath to accommodate a router/lift, with a door/drawers that open to the front for better access.

IMG_2061.jpg

I have been needing to make a router table for a while now, and I think this will finally give me the opportunity to have a spacious router table, using the Jet fence, without taking up more floor space. :cool:

OK, so this doesn't qualify as a gloat, but definitely better than a neener!!! :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I knew something was in the works. Nice looking saw!!! This site is really becoming the tool swap and sell. I am glad to see it, friends helping friends. Oh, yea....

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Yes, indeed. You do SUCK! I'd recommend that you look at the Shop Fox Mobile Base and Extension unit for it from Grizzly. They are what I have under my Grizzly G1023SLX with the wide fence and table. Shop Fox also makes legs that fit onto the extension table (you need those anyhow to support the router). This would give you the mobility to move your saw out for big sheet cutting, but hampers adding a cabinet underneath unless you made a cabinet unit with wheels that supported the extension table, router and all... I concur with the need for an outfeed table. Essential...

Rob

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Call me droolin' idiot!!!!!!!

Drool, drool, drool, drool, drool, drool, drool....:jealous: :jealous: :jealous:

If only, I could justify one!!

Congrats and Have a Bunch of Fun times!!

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Insom, that is one cool saw dude.:icon_thum You suck. I bet you will really enjoy the added power that 3 HP motor will give you. You suck. I have a left tilt myself and prefer it that way since it tilts the blade away from the fence. You suck. I have seen the Xacta fence before and really like some of the features it offers. You suck. 50" capacity.......you can't beat that. You suck. It really will be a noticeable improvement over your contractor saw. You suck. Too bad you can't use the existing cabinet that goes under the extension table. You suck. I am sure you will have a new one designed and built to replace it in short order. You suck.

If you are interested I will send you a pic of the 4' x 4' out feed table I built for my Uni. It has two folding legs and hangs on the angle iron brace along the back of the saw which is the same set up you have. The legs fold up and the table stores flat against a wall when not needed.

D L

Oh yeah, did I mention............You Suck!!!:lol:

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Okay guys, now now, let's stop and let the man have his table saw in peace. All this YOU SUCK stuff has got to go.

WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING...YOU DO SUCK!! Hee hee. Lucky dog.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
What more can I say........ Thou suck exceedingly!

waaaaah, my shop's crowded, it's going to be a while before I get it set up, waaaah.
:mrgreen:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Insom,
That rocks! Let me know how you like the Incra miter gauge, I've looked at that several times. Congrats!

helmswatch

New User
Duke
Wow!!! Now that is sweet...bet you are just beaming. Irene & I were wondering what that bright light in the sky to our west was.

Don't know if we can tell someone we don't even know, that he sucks, but we admit to having the urge to.

Enjoy it, feed it, & love it....be grateful that when it gets older, it will never ask for the keys to the car!

Duke & Irene

sapwood

New User
Roger
Soooo sad :crybaby2:

The disadvantages and problems this TS brings truly is heartbreaking :eusa_booh

Send it back, so you can sleep in peace :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
YOU REALLY DO SUCK. You are about the most tool buying human being I have ever seen. To top it off you are showing off the miter guage and I believe a Jess'em Master Lift as well which makes you suck even more.

Very nice, very nice indeed. You will not regret the upgrade.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Nice suckage,,,I dont hate you though,,I think the saw fairy is comging to my house soon too. HeHeHeHeHeHe. Your going to love that saw,,you will be at the home center, or driving around, and trying find things to cut with that saw. Be blessed friend

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Hey, Insom .... ain't it a little hard to hold the wood to the underside of the table and know what you're doing???? You must have x-ray vision or sumptin!

Monty

New User
Monty
JimThomasson said:
You must have x-ray vision or sumptin!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's my custom designed, patent pending inverted router table setup!!! :mrgreen:

I haven't worked out all the kinks just yet... but you may be on to sump'n with that X-scray vision thing!!! :eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS