New Saw Blade...it made a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
In a recent issue of Wood, there is an article entitled "6 Methods to Maximize Your Mitersaw." While I had been reasonably satisfied with quality of cut produced by my saw (DeWalt 718), I knew there was room for improvement. That said, one of the blades recommended in the Wood article was a Freud LU74R012; I won't pretend to understand all of the technical details associated with the blade's design, but the negative hook angle (which produces a less aggressive cut) and doubling the number of teeth, made a HUGE difference in the quality of the cut. The blade I had been using was original with the saw, and while it is a good blade its all-purpose design produced a far less satisfactory result.

I am sure there are many other good saw blades, but I thought I would share my experience with this particular one.

Donn

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
i replaced the blade on my Craftsman CMS about six months ago and I couldn't believe what a nice smooth cut I got, as well. No tear out, burning and sliced 5/4 red/white oak like it was butter!:eusa_clap:icon_thum:icon_thum

+1 on the Freud. That really is a nice blade!!!

I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as I do. Great product!!!

Wayne

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
IMHO, saws only come with blades to show how blade should be mounted. Must be, because the OEM blades are generally a piece of ****. But the Sears "zip code saw" did come with a nice 40 tooth Leitz blade.

Don Alexander

New User
Don
the original blade on most miter saws is a basic framing lumber style blade and for most woodworking ranges from " less than ideal " to "worse than useless" i saved mine from my dewalt CMS for stuff i don't want to risk a good blade on

good rule of thumb for any saw is put the best blade on it you can afford that fits the job you need to do (i have a 60 tooth Freud blade on my Milwaukee circular saw because i reduce cabinet grade plywood to managable pieces with it) if the saw (any saw) is good enough for me to bother using its going to have a good blade on it :gar-Bi

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
In a recent issue of Wood, there is an article entitled "6 Methods to Maximize Your Mitersaw." While I had been reasonably satisfied with quality of cut produced by my saw (DeWalt 718), I knew there was room for improvement. That said, one of the blades recommended in the Wood article was a Freud LU74R012; I won't pretend to understand all of the technical details associated with the blade's design, but the negative hook angle (which produces a less aggressive cut) and doubling the number of teeth, made a HUGE difference in the quality of the cut. The blade I had been using was original with the saw, and while it is a good blade its all-purpose design produced a far less satisfactory result.

I am sure there are many other good saw blades, but I thought I would share my experience with this particular one.

Donn

I can't ever remember buying any saw that came with a reasonably good blade, no matter what brand or type of saw it was.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS