New Member signing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Hi everyone. I'm a new member from Hendersonville and have been viewing the website for a year. I worked in Maryland and moved to NC last year. My interests are turning, rockhounding, Hi-Fi speakers, and smaller hobby shop projects like knife building. I put up a few photos of projects in the photo galleries. One of the turning projects I have done is a coat tree. This is copied from a New England example my father-in-law brought from Boston.

The example coat tree was not well made and I tried to improve it with my version. I've made 9 of them so far, including several 2/3rd versions that the small grandchildren could reach better. These are fun to make and I can provide details for anyone interested.

Attachments

• Old coat tree.jpg
    Old coat tree.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Inew tree top.jpg
    Inew tree top.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 135
  • old coat tree bottom.jpg
    old coat tree bottom.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 137
  • new oak leg detail.jpg
    new oak leg detail.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 150
M

McRabbet

Hi Bob,

Glad to have another Hendersonville member join the forums. We have a good group here and I look forward to meeting you next Saturday at the Western NC Woodworkers Association meeting at the Folk Art Center (I got your e-mail). We've got a great group of men and women in both clubs.

We'll look forward to seeing your posts here and to Saturday -- Bring something to that meeting for our Show 'N Tell!

Rob

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Bob
Welcome to a really great website:eusa_danc Glad you joined us :icon_thum I look forward to hearing about some of your work.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Bob,

Welcome to the site and I look forward to meeting you Saturday at the WNCWW' meeting at the Blue Ridge Folk Art Center.

Dan C.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
I spent the last 20 years in Columbia, MD and spent a number of years in Washington DC, Also a couple of years in Sanibel, FL(to hot).

tonyps

New User
Tony
Evening,
Welcome to the site. Hope to see some of your work along the way. Great group of folks here!

Tony ...

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Thanks Skeeter. Are you a turner too?

umm,, Bob, looks like you have sharpened a couple of those chisels just a little too far:roll:

welcome!

several years ago, the Army had me spend my summer in Columbia, great little town!

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Actually Pete I make my own tool handles. So!!! you were in Columbia with the Army, then you would know APLNSAMEADEGODDARDABERDEEN and for the Ft Bragg retirees, remember 317 ASA('59-'61)

dozer

Mike
Welcome Bob, Great looking coat trees. I may ask for some advice one day on making knife handles.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Actually Pete I make my own tool handles. So!!! you were in Columbia with the Army, then you would know APLNSAMEADEGODDARDABERDEEN and for the Ft Bragg retirees, remember 317 ASA('59-'61)

yup, and I worked with a lot of old ASA folks when I was in Berlin (FSB), and through various schools. We didn't call it ASA anymore

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
The changing Army is a long fun discussion but it doesn't include any sawdust. Maybe we can pick it up if we get together sometime.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
The Jack Russel is named Barney and he was 15 this year. Sadly he is no longer with me, as dementia caught up with him and he was put down in late January. I thought I would honor him by including him in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS