New Golden Mallet award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am pleased to announce the Golden Mallet award. This shall be presented to the member that we choose to be the best representative of the spirit of NCWW, the friendliest and most helpful site on the internet.

Nominations should be posted to this thread (current board members should be excluded). The nomination period shall run from now until April 28 and voting will run from April 29 until the picnic.

The award will be presented at the annual picnic.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Mike Davis is an obvious choice. Bill Clemmons is the other person that come to mind right away. I have benefited from the wisdom and generosity of both of these guys. I wasn't sure if being VP of the Outreach program made him ineligible for this :confused:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike Davis is an obvious choice. Bill Clemmons is the other person that come to mind right away. I have benefited from the wisdom and generosity of both of these guys. I wasn't sure if being VP of the Outreach program made him ineligible for this :confused:

Bill is in an appointed position and not "officially" a board member. He should be eligible

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
​If I may ask, why would we not allow Board Members to be nominated? The nominating is done by the membership, is it not? Let's open this up to ALL NCWW staff and members. The attributes mentioned in the "rules" certainly can apply to some who are giving of their time and effort for NCWW!

Bryan S

Bryan
​If I may ask, why would we not allow Board Members to be nominated? The nominating is done by the membership, is it not? Let's open this up to ALL NCWW staff and members. The attributes mentioned in the "rules" certainly can apply to some who are giving of their time and effort for NCWW!

Reggie if I had to guess, I believe the board members are deciding who will receive this. If so, it will be a conflict of interest for one to be nominated. That being said, any board member that is serving or has served would certainly meet the standards set for nomination. :eusa_clap

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Reggie if I had to guess, I believe the board members are deciding who will receive this. If so, it will be a conflict of interest for one to be nominated. That being said, any board member that is serving or has served would certainly meet the standards set for nomination. :eusa_clap

I agree with Reggie. Phil's post says that voting will run from April 29 until the picnic. That suggests that the award recipient is selected by membership vote and not the BoD. I would like to see this award open to all members, including the BoD.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

Let me bounce this off the board, there are no set rules as this is our first annual award. I think we felt there would be a perceived conflict and easy to eliminate that problem thru ineligibility of the board. thanks

gator

George
Corporate Member
After a lot of thought, quite a few names came to mind, but, I must admit that the first one was Mike D

George

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member

I agree with Reggie. Phil's post says that voting will run from April 29 until the picnic. That suggests that the award recipient is selected by membership vote and not the BoD. I would like to see this award open to all members, including the BoD.

While I thought the BoD should not be eligible for this award, I could not think of why. A review with the board brought my attention to if there is a tie, the board will have to decide the winner and therefore we should not be eligible. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS