New Golden Mallet award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I nominate Joe Scharle.

He always provides a wealth of good information, tricks, jigs and overall woodworking and home owners advice that he willingly shares with everyone here on a consistent basis.

I have personally learned a tremendous amount from Joe and am certainly grateful for contributions from members like Joe.

Wayne

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I am amenable to the Board's decision, but, if there's a tie, just put it to a vote of the membership!!

While I thought the BoD should not be eligible for this award, I could not think of why. A review with the board brought my attention to if there is a tie, the board will have to decide the winner and therefore we should not be eligible. Hope this helps

ehpoole

Ethan
I'd like to nominate Steve Honeycutt, for all the work he has done arranging and hosting 10 months worth of Guest Speaker and New Member Chats.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I'll nominate Joe Scharle. His free jig workshops are very helpful

Do they make golden router bits? He deserves a set. :thumbs_up

I am also on board with the previous multiple mention of Mike Davis. :eusa_clap

As far as the BOD goes, I can see where Phil may see a conflict of interest since he would be a very obvious choice himself.:notworthy:

And then there are Bill, ScottM, Ken... Lots of people have helped me and others. I am glad I don't have to make this decision. there are too many worthy candidates.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am amenable to the Board's decision, but, if there's a tie, just put it to a vote of the membership!!

Reggie with the vote running until the picnic and the announcement being made at the picnic there would not be time to allow the membership to re-vote. So it would be best to allow the BoD in attendance handle the matter.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Reggie with the vote running until the picnic and the announcement being made at the picnic there would not be time to allow the membership to re-vote. So it would be best to allow the BoD in attendance handle the matter.

Easy solution, tie goes to non-BOD member. If the tie is between BOD members, use a coin toss or let people at the picnic decide. One more reason to go to the picnic.

thsb

New User
Tim
In the year that i have been on here, everyone has been incredibly helpful online and in person. It is almost that i have been taking distance education courses with a few in person sessions on occasion. So I echo the sentiment that many different folks are deserving.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
"Lord! its hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way." Who sang that ? Was it Mike Davis? Or his brother Mack?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Toss up between Mike Davis, Fred P and Duster. Very hard to choose so picked a name out of the hat which resulted in my nomination of Sawduster

cskipper

Cathy
Sorry for responding so late in the game, but I have a name that I would like to submit for this award. Ethan Poole does an amazing amount of the programming on this site. He is very responsive when needs are identified, and does his best to keep everything done! Ethan is one of the people who keep the site running, but stays in the background so many members probably don't even know his name. However, he is very deserving and I hope we can still add his name for consideration.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Bill Clemmons and Mike Davis have both contributed many hours to NCWW. They are always willing to share their knowledge with us on site, or in person.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The nominations officially ended last night. We're locking this thread now. We have a very strong list of candidates. The voting poller should be up and available very soon.

Thanks - Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS