Need help getting wood joined, ripped

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmar555

New User
Jon
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and looking for some help. I am building a custom bar in my house. I bought some nice 3/4" oak boards for cabinet face, base board, trim, etc. The boards are planed well, but not exactly square down the edges. Need some help to get these edges straight and then boards ripped to various widths of 3 1/2 ", 4", 5", etc. I do not have a good enough table saw to set up what I have studied, so need to hire a cabinet shop or someone to do it for me. I have 30 boards that need this work, and am willing to pay someone fairly. I live near Hickory NC and appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks, Jon

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
First, welcome to NCWW, Jon.

Sounds like you need someone with a jointer and a table saw with a Fein blade (fogive the pun).
How long are the sections of oak? I live an hour from Hickory, and have a jointer with a 4' bed, so if the sections are long, someone with a larger jointer may be better suited to get 'r done for you.

There are members closer to Conover than I am, so stay tuned for other suggestions.

jonmar555

New User
Jon
Thanks for your reply! Most of the boards are 12 foot long, and vary in width from 4" to 12". A couple of the wider boards are way out of whack but most are pretty close.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Plan out ur cabinets or whatever u are making, ruff cut the lenghts, way way easier to handle. Sad I am too far from you here i Zebulon otherwise more than happy to help:gar-Bi

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Be glad to help. Jointer, 10' sliding altendorf etc. Sherrills Ford, Lake Norman area.
Robb
Heritage Woodwright llc
828-228-8072

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS