My Son's Tool Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Two years ago I built this curly cherry tool chest in the craftsman style from plans that were in wood magazine. It is a pretty faithful reproduction of the plans except I made it slightly larger.

The wood for this project came from NC Hardwoods and was picked out by my wife. Once a year she has to attend a meeting near Gibsonville and she stops by and picks up a few boards for me.

I resawed and bookmatched the panels for the door and for the back. The tool tote and drawers are lined in heavy green felt.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 2ndtoolbox.JPG
    2ndtoolbox.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 263
  • toolboxopen.JPG
    toolboxopen.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 258
  • toolboxtopopen.JPG
    toolboxtopopen.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 247

woodguy1975

New User
John
Gotta love figured cherry.:icon_thum I have some that I'm saving for just the right project. I was in catawba hardwoods and could see the figure from accross the warehouse floor. It was that brilliant. I bought all the figured boards they had in the stack.

Nice Work.

Fastwoodbutcher

New User
Dave Thompson
If thats for his shop, all I want to know is how are you going to top that for his bedroom furniture? I don't envy you trying, that my man is beautiful. Dave T

T

toolferone

I've seen this chest in person. The pictures don't do it justice. It is beautiful. The finish is soooo smooooth! It begs to be touched. The figure in the top is awesome. The cherry is gorgeous! Thanks for posting it Mike.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Thanks for the nice comments. I had just gotten my first digital camera when these pictures were taken. So I apologize for the quality. It is truly some of the most beautiful wood I have ever had the opportunity to use.

Thanks again!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mike strikes again!

It is truly striking, I don't have furniture that looks that good 8-O

Admiringly,
Sapwood

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
awsome chest friend,,what month of wood did you get that out of? my two boys are begging for a tool chest as well. Be blessed friend

Philip

New User
Philip
Your tool chest looks great :icon_thum . Some furniture in my house does not look this good. If I would build a chest even close to yours, I wold not put it in my shop. Could build a similar piece and give it to my wife for her good stuff :eusa_danc

Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS