BS set-up by FredP
Getting me started with my 1st BS Mike Davis

Hours of sanding and polishing by ME !! :mrgreen:

bsbox21.jpg

bsbox.jpg

bsbox6.jpg

bsbox7.jpg

bsbox51.jpg

Learned a lot with this one . Not enough though as I started another one today and ruined it by the 3rd cut ! :BangHead: Got a long ways to go but it is a decent start I think

This whole woodworking thing is turning out to be an amazing journey and it's all because of you folks :eusa_clap

This site ROX !!!!!

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Bro, if that's your "first attempt" then you should be proud! Knowing you, it'll only get better. Your ARE the "arteest!"

:gar-Bi

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow Robert that's awesome. When you put your mind to do something and enlist your network of friendly help, I don't think that there isn't anything that you can't do spectacularly.

Dave:)

T

toolferone

Nicely done Robert! Lois does a great job in her book and it looks like you got it down. One you have one box done then the others are all the same, just different sizes and shapes.

Yup hours of sanding is about right. Do you have a oscillating spindle sander? Big big help on these boxes.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Robert, that is a wonderful job and a beautiful job of finishing. You can be proud of the piece. Keep up the good work Robert.:icon_thum Terry

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
From now on I am just going to call you:

SUPER BRO!!!!

You have the magic touch......:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Robert, that's awful. The two wood species don't complement each other, the grain is awful, the fit and overall design stink, sanding job is so-so, and the finish is downright terrible. Plus your photography sucks.

(Yup. I just declared today Opposite Day :) )

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Bas,

Way to bring in a touch of reality! :rotflm:

Robert,

When you gonna come teach me how to do that?

Honestly, I've never made a bandsaw box. Would like to try sometime.

You really nailed that one!

nightshade

New User
Janet
:icon_thum It is BEAUTIFUL :icon_thum I wish I was as talented as that. I really like the curved shape, it's unque. Keep up the good work and throw some pointers my way:mrgreen:

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Wow, That is great for your 1st box. I wish my 1st would have looked half as good. Keep up the good work, it is habit forming and lots of fun.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looking good as always, Robert :icon_thum
Put that minnow on a No. 1 hook and you will have the catch of the day!

Roger

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Sweet box, great job! Just don't tell your buddies you have to go home and wax your box, it didn't go over too well and my wife wasn't too happy when it got back to her. :)

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
great box!
I LOVE the sense of community in that one little package -
people that aren't part of it couldn't understand, but would love to if they knew!
LOML was playhing in the boxes of wood I've had for ages and recently got moved down to the shop and came across an old bandsaw box I started umpteen years ago. As I recall it was in a "WOOD" magazine issue from long ago. Little clamshell thing. I made several and gave them away and this one never quite got finished. She keeps eyeing it.... inspiration/challenge/ annoyance who knows? we'll see what happens with it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS