My 1st band saw box

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Doggone it Robert!! You are making it extremely hard to not just sell all my shop tools. There's no way I could even come close to that. Beautiful job for a first:notworthy::notworthy:.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Robert,
gorgeous box love the choice of materials.By the way,what size blade are you using on your Rikon to cut these boxes.I printed out the plans for that box and I would like to try one.Right now I only have 3/4 and 1/2 inch blades.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Nice job Bro', but now that you've got to new (old) scrollsaw isn't it time that you get back to scrolling:gar-La;.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Robert,
gorgeous box love the choice of materials.By the way,what size blade are you using on your Rikon to cut these boxes.I printed out the plans for that box and I would like to try one.Right now I only have 3/4 and 1/2 inch blades.

I have a 3/8 blade on the saw since i mostly just do resawing . In practice I have found it extremely difficult to cut arcs with this blade and chose this particular box because it did not contain any for the drawer outline . I also fudged the drawer cut outs for the same reason. I am stuck with this blade as FredP set up my saw and quite frankly I'm scared to death to make any changes , much less put a new blade on it :nah:

Tom the closest thing I have to an oscillating sander is my four wigglies and a thumb :gar-La; Did all the sanding and finishing by hand in between other projects

Thanx everyone for the encouragement ...you guys rock !! :eusa_clap

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
hi sawduster , great looking box, where can i find the plan? would love to try one.

thanks, cliff

sawduster

New User
Robert
The book is " building beautiful Boxes with Your Band Saw " by Lois Keener Ventura
It is a great book with lots of technique and patterns from easy to " mind blowing" !! :gar-La;

NC Scroller lent me his so I don't know where to purchase it ......but it would be well worth the purchase price if you have any interest at all in making boxes :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful work brother Robert, Even more inspiration to get my shop set up and ATTEMPT to produce something good looking instead of utilitarian shop fixtures .:wsmile:

edspec

New User
steve
Great work. I love the gracefull curve to the work. Got to try one of those and tie it in with the lathe some way. You have inspired me to go shopping and start a new project.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS