Mark
Corporate Member
Saturday, April 11
8:00-12:00
Bonds Grove United Methodist Church
8215 Bonds Grove Church Rd.
Waxhaw

8-10 Shop and Swap
10-11 NCWW member Stan Suther will be doing a presentation on Sharpening Hand Saws
11-12 Auction!

$10 admission includes Coffee and Krispie Cremes

PM me or Hobbsed if there are any questions.

M

McRabbet

Randy Osborne (ozzie-x) and I plan to be there, too. It should be an interesting meeting and I'm looking forward to Stan's talk on sharpening handsaws.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like a good excuse to try Mama Lena's Italian in Waxhaw for lunch!:thumbs_up

SSuther

New User
Stan
Randy Osborne (ozzie-x) and I plan to be there, too. It should be an interesting meeting and I'm looking forward to Stan's talk on sharpening handsaws.

Oh, the pressure!!! Well, at least you may come away with the idea that it's OK to go at it with the old saw hanging on the wall.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Yep, I'll be there God willing and the creek don't rise. Looking forward to the meeting and also looking forward to Stan's demo. A sharp saw is a thing of pleasure. :icon_thum

Outa Square

New User
Al
:thumbs_upSharp tools don't hurt as bad when you cut yourself with them and the wound heals quicker.

Do you have to be a member of MWTCA to attend or do you need a sponsor?

I think I or someone asked the last time but i can't remember the answer:embaresse

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
You do not have to be a member to attend. Just tell them you are a guest of Randy Osborne and that will get you [strike]kicked out[/strike] in to the meeting.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hope to make this one. I've been to Hillsborough meet 3 times and Ed's place 2 times . . . surely I can make it to Waxhaw once :mrgreen:

Roger

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anyone coming from out of town may want to consider an alternate route down Providence Road. They are widening it from I-485 to 'downtown Weddington' and will probably be working on it Saturdays if the weather breaks by then. Instead of using exit 57 (NC16, Providence Road) you may want to use exit 59, Rea Road. Turn south, and it's 4 lanes with minimal lights all the way to its dead end below the construction area. You'll only be a few miles from Bonds Grove Church Road.

Last edited:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Anyone coming from out of town may want to consider an alternate route down Provicence Road. They are widening it from I-485 to 'downtown Weddington' and will probably be working on it Saturdays if the weather breaks by then. Instead of using exit 57 (NC16, Provicence Road) you may want to use exit 59, Rea Road. Turn south, and it's 4 lanes with minimal lights all the way to its dead end below the construction area. You'll only be a few miles from Bonds Grove Church Road.

Good point! Doesn't really take you out of the way either.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm in. Got a jeep, so with the back seat, its an uncomfortable 4 people.

So, calling all people east of hillsborough going west, ride share?

So far, me, and jerome in mebane.

I promise to shower and not use a quart of my aftershave this time.....

Jim

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Since it looks like a good group will be at the meeting how about Dennis's idea about lunch?

Mamma Lena's in Waxhaw sounds good to me. ~12:30 (depending on when the auction ends) if anyone wants to join us. http://www.mammalena.com/

If you can't come to the meeting and want to join us for lunch let me know and we'll reserve a seat.

M

McRabbet

I'd love to join you for lunch, but I need to drive back to Apex for my grandson's 3rd Birthday Party! We're driving to Apex from Hendersonville on Friday and I'll drive down to Waxhaw first thing Saturday morning. We'll return west on Sunday.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Mama Lena's
As an aside to the post I thought I'd give you guys an little personal history about Mama Lena's.
When we lived in Mint Hill & my son was hosting an exchange student from Italy, we took her to Olive Garden. Her response was, "What's this?" A few nights later a group of exchange students went to Mama Lenas then located on Albemarle Rd. near US 74. They were ecstatic - and homesick. They all said, "Now, that's Italian!"
Mama Lena was an immigrant from postwar Naples that learned to make delicious dishes from whatever was available in that war impoverished area. I think you guys'll be in for a treat.

Last edited:

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Saturday, April 11
8:00-12:00
Bonds Grove United Methodist Church
8215 Bonds Grove Church Rd.
Waxhaw

8-10 Shop and Swap
10-11 NCWW member Stan Suther will be doing a presentation on Sharpening Hand Saws
11-12 Auction!

$10 admission includes Coffee and Krispie Cremes

PM me or Hobbsed if there are any questions.

Bump, just to remind everyone :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors