MWTCA Antique Tool Collectors Meeting in Waxhaw, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Its 4:30am, and I'm up and getting ready to go!

Ok, thats the extent of my 4:30 am enthusiasm.......

Jim

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Great NCWW turn-out today! Stan Suther did an excellent job and 10 of us got together for lunch. Some pics were taken for posterity. Hopefully they will be posted soon.

nelsone

New User
Ed
It was a great NCWW turnout! Thanks again to Stan for a great presentation! Mama Lena's was fantastic, I was full the rest of the day from all the bread!

Good seeing everyone!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I really enjoyed the meet & the meal afterwards. Here are some photos to confirm same:

Stan's presentation on saw sharpening was very informative and the playing of 'Amazing Grace' on a hand saw afterwards by another member was the best I've ever heard. Thanks to all who worked so hard to bring this event to our part of the planet. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Last edited:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'll chime in too, what a great day! Stan did a great presentation. He has saved me in wasted triangular file purchases in the future!

I didn't do much with my camera, but I found out that I didn't know how to push the one button it has. This was all I got. An outside shot of the chruch.

P10100015.JPG

Lots of folks showed up. During the mini-meeting, they asked for a show of hands from NCWWers, I'd venture a guess 25% of the attendees were on our board.

I didn't buy anything, but I came awful close to an 18th century handsaw. I can still feel it in my hand, calling out to me in my dreams saying "its only money, its only money".....

Ended up with a little Weller soldering gun for dirt cheap from the auction, so thats something.

Jim

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
I enjoyed seeing everyone too and making some new NCWW friends. It was a good meeting and I also enjoyed seeing my other MWTCA friends. I didn't buy anything, but I always enjoy looking and learning about the wide menagerie of nice old tools that are always at the meetings. Stan's talk and demo on sharpening saws was great and I really enjoyed it; sharpening handsaws is good basic woodworking maintenance.

Now, who wants to go to the big national MWTCA meeting in Lexington in June? :dontknow:

James Davis

New User
James Davis
The meeting was great! I enjoyed seeing everyone again. I really hate that I had to miss lunch but it was a long drive and the fellow with me needed to get back before his wife got too agitated. I didn't add to my [strike]collection[/strike] pile of tools, but was able to move some things through the auction. All in all a very good day.

James

SSuther

New User
Stan
I enjoyed seeing everyone at the MWTCA meeting. Hope you all came away with confidence to get a few files and start sharpening your saws. It may take a bit of practice, but what skill doesn't?

Keep coming to these meetings. Over the years, I've scored some really great bargains on user tools (I'm not a collector, you know) at these meetings. The guys selling will give you a much better deal than you can generally find on ebay, and you get to look the tool over, too. Ed Hobbs' meet near Raleigh is like this one on steroids! You need to go that one, if only to see Ed's huge tool collection.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
It was good to see everyone again. I'm sorry I had to miss lunch - I stepped out to make a phone call and had to run home. I had every intention of coming back but got caught up with something and never made it. I did manage to score a nice saw, a yankee push screwdriver, and a draw knife :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS