Lowes Wood vs Home Depot Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They serve food?????????? What have I been missing:eusa_thin :eusa_thin :eusa_thin

Dave:)

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
why buy from a borg.. buy from a local sawmiller, keep the money in the local economy and get better lumber for half the price.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Kyle said:
why buy from a borg.. buy from a local sawmiller, keep the money in the local economy and get better lumber for half the price.

Kyle, do you have a lead on any local sawmillers in the Fayetteville area?

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Matt said:
I only go for the food..... :eusa_whis

Oh... they serve FOOD there?!?!?!? I never noticed! :oops:

EDIT... I just noticed DaveO beat me to the punch line... oh well, guess I need to spend more
time on the forums.... *sigh* :BangHead:

Last edited:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
DL, TurnBull Sawmill, in E-town is the closest I have found. Steve added them to the list a few weeks ago.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
no, but I have a few cedar samples in the garage. At one time I had anticipated my next project would be some exterior furniture, of course, me growing up in the Adirondack's, you might be able to guess what the project was...

D ON BOARD

New User
Dennis
I buy wood from a company called McEwin here in north carolina, they have many branches but they have a fantastic quality 1/4" plywood. 5 plys instead of the typical 3 (luan). when I order I tell them I want domestic furniture grade birch face 1/4" ( if you don't tell them you want domestic you get the cheap warped 3 layer which is 2 skins and a cheap core. This is the stuff if cut with a utility knife it will break on the cut line)

dennis

M

McRabbet

I think you meant McEwen Lumber located in Raleigh, High Point and Greenville, SC, among other locations. I noted that each location carries a different (in part) product line and it looks like they deal strictly wholesale.

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang I'm gonna have to check them out. They're only a few miles from the house. I can't believe I have never seen them before :slap:

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Local Lowes on 16 Mar:

S4S Pine $2.70 - $2.95 bf
S4S Poplar $3.26 - $4.90 bf
S4S Oak $5.62 - $6.50 bf

Pine was warped, Oak was split as much as 6" from end. Price range is result of higher cost for wider/longer boards. Prices above are for 6' to 8' lengths:cry:

Go

M

McRabbet

FWIW - I stolled through the Lowes here and found some idiot had carefully stacked 1 x 4 x 8' Douglas Fir in with the Cedar. :eusa_doh: "Well, the wood is brownish color, isn't it?"

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
Dang I'm gonna have to check them out. They're only a few miles from the house. I can't believe I have never seen them before :slap:

Dave, once you check them out let us know if they will sell retail to us little folks.

Thanks,
D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You got it, although I'll try to buy through the company I work for generally I can get a contractor/wholesale discount, and my boss likes the credit boost.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
You got it, although I'll try to buy through the company I work for generally I can get a contractor/wholesale discount, and my boss likes the credit boost.

Sounds like I need to get a part time job working with you.:lol:

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors