Lowe's All-the-time 10% military/veteran discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcottrell

New User
Lance
I wanted to pass this information along to all the military/veterans out there.

I have confirmed with the Asheville Lowe's Manager a rumor I had heard about Lowe's offering an "all the time" 10% discount to military/veterans. He said all you have to do is ask for it and they will give you 10% off any time. I know it is sometimes publicized, like it is this weekend, but military/veterans can actually get the discount all the time. I'm a disabled veteran, so I just show them my VA hospital card and get the discount.

Good luck!

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I did get the 10% today when I asked. The cashier did not want to give it without proof that is untill I mentioned that HD gave it without proof Memerial Day weekend, which is true. Turned out that the fellow in line behind me was a Veitnam Vet and did not know. So I got a pat on the back and a thank you leaving the store.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I was in Lowe's this morning after reading this postand asked if they gave the discount to vets throughout the year and the cashier said yes. He said it used to be only at Memorial Day and Veteran's Day but now it is all the time...just ask for it. I asked for it last Veteran's Day and they accepted my dog tags as proof.

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
Re: the 10% discount. Its great that Lowe's does this and if you want to help make sure it continues we all should make an effort to say thanks! Just go on their web site and send you note. I promise you that they read the mail.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: the 10% discount. Its great that Lowe's does this and if you want to help make sure it continues we all should make an effort to say thanks! Just go on their web site and send you note. I promise you that they read the mail.

Excellent suggestion :icon_thum

Hmmm, guess I need to find my old military ID or a copy of my DD214 :icon_scra

Roger

lcottrell

New User
Lance

That is a great idea. I just finished sending them a message on their website thanking them for doing this.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
as a vet i don't think i have any proof besides a DD214. Is that all i need?
If so do you think they will le me put one on file, since i am there at least once a week.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Excellent suggestion :icon_thum

Hmmm, guess I need to find my old military ID or a copy of my DD214 :icon_scra

Roger

I've used my dog tags as proof and they accepted it with no questions. Roger, you'd better not rely on that old military ID. There's no way the cashier could ever reconcile the face of the older man he was looking at with that young kid in the picture. Please note I said older man, not old man. :gar-La;

BillPappas

New User
Bill
as a vet i don't think i have any proof besides a DD214. Is that all i need?
If so do you think they will le me put one on file, since i am there at least once a week.

I have gotten the discount at the Lowes on Capital in Raleigh on non-holidays but I have a retired ID card so it was easy to prove. If you are not retired then the DD214 is the only document available so they should take it...make a copy and leave it in the glove box, I doubt they can accommodate putting it on file unless you want to go to customer service each time you shop there..

Regards,

Bill

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
how do i send ane-mail to lowe's. i am not a veteran, but i do want as many privileges as can be had for our military. i cannot protect myself from foreign aggression, so i depend on our military to protect me. please help me with lowe's e-mail address so i can let them know that i appreciate and support discounts for our military.
james

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
Try lowes.com and thanks for supporting vets and service members. I spent 23 years on active duty and retired in 1984.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I asked for the discount today at Lowes and the guy told me that it only applies to purchases $50.00 or more. I just said thanks, and left with my $2.98 purchase. My receipt did have a 10 off 50 slip but it will probably run out b4 I use it.

Mike

cdeal28078

New User
clint
That is real good of Lowes to do this. I was also wondering how I could prove it without digging up my DD214 then I thought of the old dog tags I still have some where, plus I gave an extra set to my daughter once when she saw them. She wore them for a couple of years a while back. Made me proud.
clint

lcottrell

New User
Lance
I asked for the discount today at Lowes and the guy told me that it only applies to purchases $50.00 or more. I just said thanks, and left with my $2.98 purchase. My receipt did have a 10 off 50 slip but it will probably run out b4 I use it.

Mike
Mike,

Just confirm with the store manager that they do offer this. The cashiers may not be aware of it and would initially turn you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors