Looking for plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I need a thickness sander (or a drum sander) cash is low but I have seen some youtube vids on using lathe as a drum sander. I was wondering if any of you folks might have a set of plans laying arouns some where.

Thanks Mark

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I made the one from shop notes thats is powered by me table saw.Works great. I will see if I can find the issue.

TBradley190

New User
Tim
I have a plan for a oscillating drum sander from a drill press. Shopnotes Issue #32. Don't know if its what your looking for?

Tim

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Wow that one that works off the table saw is cool.

Seams like in the model airplane world everyone buys all there tools and gadgets these days. I need to study up on making more of these things my self.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The ShopNotes plan detail on using the TS is a pretty simple concept. You just put a couple of parts on the arbor instead of a saw blade, pull the insert or make one with a wide opening and run a belt through it. It would be pretty simple to put it on a stand and mount a motor under it instead. And making a mount for the bed of a lathe and driving it with the headstock instead is probably doable also.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
making a mount for the bed of a lathe and driving it with the headstock instead is probably doable also.[/QUOTE]

I found a plan for this but just drawings no dementions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS