Let's show them what NCwoodworker can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
A member and a very fine woodworker is offering his hard, very hard work up for auction. All proceeds are going to the Katrina huricane relief fund, a very worthy cause. Here's the chair that is being auctioned: For more info on the chair and it's craftsman see here:
http://www.jsrwoodworking.com/occasionalchair/OccasionalChairGallery.htm
mahogocchairtour2.jpg

As you can see it is a one of a kind piece that is worth way more than the $5 ticket price. It's solid Mahogany, hand sculpted with a hand rubbed finish. Any living room or office would be honored to have it there. So let's show the generousity that this awesome state has to offer and see who comes home with this chair. Check out this thread for more information

http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346

If any one doesn't care for or have Paypal, I will be going and will put your name in myself, just PM me with your info.
Come on ya'll we can make a little difference in some peoples lives, that currently have none. Thanks for your support. Dave:)

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
$5 huh? Seems a little high. Tell ya what - I'll go in half with you for a ticket.

Of course, if we win, we'll have to split the chair. :saw:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, how skinny is your butt, if we are going to share the chair, I want to know if I'll get some room. But seriously let see what we can do as a group to show we care, and win a sweet chair ( I'm a poet and don't know it:lol: ) Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm waiting to by my ticket until I get there. I want to make sure that the chair is wide enough for my butt:mrgreen:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Thanks for the great promo DaveO. Your efforts are helping more than you know. :eusa_clap

Just a correction though. This chair is solid mahogany. The chair I will be working on during my demonstration will be the butternut. The mahogany in this chair is beautiful. Some very nice figure and color. It is much more apparant in person.

Thanks for the help guys. Every little bit helps.

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
$5 huh? Seems a little high. Tell ya what - I'll go in half with you for a ticket.
Of course, if we win, we'll have to split the chair. :saw:

I don't think the chair is wide enough.:lol: I did make it fairly wide though. It's bit wider than a standard chair would be so it should fit most folks fairly well.

See ya,

John

Monty

New User
Monty
I didn't say SHARE the chair. I said SPLIT the chair. I have to have something to test out my new bandsaw on!!! :-D

:saw:

:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, I thought it looked like Mahogany, but I got confused as to which one was being raffled. That makes even sweeter.

Insomniac, let's slice a few of my projects in half on your new saw, they would be much less of a shame to cut up.

:rotflm: :new_blueg
Dave:)

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
Great cause and a great looking chair! I just sent $25 by Paypal for five tickets. I hope everyone reading this thread can help.

Dave

DaveO

New User
DaveO
THANKS, Dave, every bit will help. There are so many people who have lost everything they have, it's a overwhelming need. You contribution just brought a tear to my eyes, I only got 4 tickets...you might get my chair:lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, thank-you, I knew the NCwoodworkers were a great bunch of kind and generous people:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks again for your generosity. I feel proud to be amongst such great folks. NC rules, Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
Awsome is all I can say. What great support from a great group. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I just want to say thanks over and over again for the support and generosity. I hope a fellow NCwoodworker wins the chair. It would only be fitting considering the support you guys are providing.

Thanks again.

John

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey, we had a roll going last night, let's keep it up,. Let's show how much we can care and support someones efforts, who has personally made a great contibution. You can go to bed feeling like you've made a difference in someone's life. Make me proud! Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
Gotta give a shout out to Sapwood for his $20 donation for the raffle chair. The support off this forum is terrific.

Thanks again guys.

John

sapwood

New User
Roger
woodguy1975 said:
Gotta give a shout out to Sapwood for his $20 donation for the raffle chair.

DONATION :bconfused :bconfused :bconfused

I thought it was 5 dollars for the chair and 15 for shipping :lol:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS