Leather Apron

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Looks pretty good to me Brandon. Although I don't wear an apron in the shop I think I would prefer to have some pockets along the waist area and not just the breast area.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sorry,
that does look like a good deal, and a handy item to have but I would have to agree with D L on the waist pockets. I often wear a framers pouch backwards to hold squares, tape measure etc. and find that very handy. I would think that an apron could provide an added measure of protection from kick-back in the waist region also.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I would think that the leather would be a bit on the heavy side... maybe too hot for the summer (except for those of you with air conditioned shops). I have an apron from Lee Valley that's cotton canvas and has pockets at both the breast and waist level. comfortable, lightweight, ...and it's under $20.

Ray

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Cool deal. I was thinking the same thing about the no pockets around the waste. I know have heard a few people that talked about trying to find a leather apron for a good price before, just figured I would throw it out there. I haven't seen many of them around.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ray Martin said:
I would think that the leather would be a bit on the heavy side... maybe too hot for the summer (except for those of you with air conditioned shops). I have an apron from Lee Valley that's cotton canvas and has pockets at both the breast and waist level. comfortable, lightweight, ...and it's under $20.

Ray
Me too.

J

jeff...

DaveO said:
I prefer a mini-skirt :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seem to think this may be a case of to much Lacquer, geeze I hope you at least shaved your legs first... :!:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Two weeks ago I purchased the Woodcraft apron for $9.99 ... and I must say, it's great. It has about 15 pockets of all different sizes. Makes for a nice place to store stuff as you work. Highly recommended.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
jeff... said:
I seem to think this may be a case of to much Lacquer, geeze I hope you at least shaved your legs first... :!:

Too much liquor not lacquer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wax:-D

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Good price for a leather apron, but I think it would be hot in the summer. I have tried the Shop Fox apron and it is ok in the winter but hot in the summer due to the rubbeized backing on the material. I bought the denin apron at the Charlotte WWS that the sponsor was selling. I like it better with the big waist pockets and not as stiff.

DaveD

New User
Dave
If you get hot you could always get one of those thong tool belts I saw on another website.

Lets see.... leather apron and thong tool belt along with 'combat boots' :roll: 8-O

sapwood

New User
Roger
Sheesh, I thought this was the NCWoodworkers net. My pop always wore "coveralls" or "bib" fronts. A little hot in the summer, but they had plenty of pockets and you just pulled them over whatever you were wearing. Unzip/unbutton when you're done and you're ready to head to church :lol:

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS