Klingspor show and NCWW gathering 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Name tags would be cool - I'll see if I can throw together something that looks nice! ;)

Also, who wants to do a demo, or just spend some time doing something in the booth? I plan to bring my midi-lathe again, along with some pen-turning supplies. We could easily turn pens again just for the fun of it, or if anyone wants to learn how to get started in pen turning this would be a great opportunity to get some hands-on practice!

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
LOML and I plan to attend this year (our first). Probably for 1/2 day Friday and all day Saturday.

Last edited:

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Well, I'm counting down the days till the show! Just hope I can find a little extra change to be able to buy some goodies! Still using outa the first box of scrap sandpaper that I bought many years ago at one of the past shows. I know I'll be there Friday early and can't wait to meet all our members!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Will the NCWWers area be marked?:eusa_doh:For those of us that have'nt met that many of the "club".We might not know where we are.:slap: Like I posted I'm going to do my best to be there on Sat.I'm looking foward to the pen demo! And I might bring a couple of my sticks.:eusa_thin That is if the 3 NCWWers that have seen them think there any good?

GeorgeL

New User
George
I'll be there on Saturday with my 10 year old son. He's wants to get started in woodturning and is really looking forward to the pen demo.

George

Monty

New User
Monty
Great to hear from all - sounds like we'll have a great crowd, and some new faces, too!!! It should be fun!

We won't be hard to find - we'll have our very own booth in the main floor of the show - perfect for demos. If we have enough interest from the gang, we should be able to have something going on in our booth throughout most of the two days. Of course, this will attract interest in our booth, and in turn generate some new members for the forum! Since we'll be "out in the open" this year instead of in a back room, we should see a lot more interest in our demos from people at the show.

I'll post a sign-up list so people who would like to demo or even just "play around" can sign up for a time to be in the booth. Of course, any and all are welcome at all times - I just think it would be nice to have somebody there most of the time...

Anyway, I'll post a link in a minute...

Monty

New User
Monty
OK - here is a link to the sign up sheet.

CLICK HERE to sign up to do a demo, or just to "hang out" for a while at the booth and meet people.

cskipper

Cathy
If the name badges could have our screen names as well as real names it would be very helpful. I'm bad to not really look at folk's names and only connect who they are by the screen ID.

Monty

New User
Monty
If the name badges could have our screen names as well as real names it would be very helpful. I'm bad to not really look at folk's names and only connect who they are by the screen ID.

:icon_thum Will do. Avatars, too! ;)

By the way, thanks a bunch for signing up to do a demo - I am truly looking forward to it. I have a ton of questions for you... but probably just watching what you do will explain a lot. I'll PM you with details about scroll saw availability.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Will do. Avatars, too! ;)

By the way, thanks a bunch for signing up to do a demo - I am truly looking forward to it. I have a ton of questions for you... but probably just watching what you do will explain a lot. I'll PM you with details about scroll saw availability.
Monty, I must have missed something. Are you doing name badges?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would like to suggest as done in the past the we bring some of our work to display and show off.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Monty, I must have missed something. Are you doing name badges?

[BANANA] Yea, I'll do 'em [/BANANA]

I would like to suggest as done in the past the we bring some of our work to display and show off.

Cool!!!! I should have mentioned that before! Definitely everyone is welcome to bring some projects to show off! In fact, if anyone is in need of "photography help" to create an entry into the calendar, bring it on! I'll bring my tripod, and we'll have good enough lighting to snap some pretty good shots of your project so you can enter it into the calendar contest. ;)

[PIE]Hey, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've used the "multi-quote" feature...

...about time, huh?!?!?![/PIE]

Monty

New User
Monty
DaveO & Clay - thanks for signing up to help out! I'll bring my midi lathe and sharpening setup (8" grinder with Wolverine), along with my pen-turning mandrel (with slimline bushings) and Talon chuck. I'll see if I can stir up some slimline kits and blanks, too. What else will we need?

The way I see it, it'll be pretty casual - just show up and turn whatever you want to! ;)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What else will we need?

The way I see it, it'll be pretty casual - just show up and turn whatever you want to! ;)

Mo' lathes. We probably need at least two. Mine is not easily portable otherwise I would bring it along.
Anyone with a benchtop DP? That would be helpful also.

Monty

New User
Monty
hmmm.... mo' lathes?!?!? Maybe you could just go ahead and buy one of those PM 3520's right off the floor! I'm sure they'd be happy to wheel it over to the booth for ya! ;) :D

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
hmmm.... mo' lathes?!?!? Maybe you could just go ahead and buy one of those PM 3520's right off the floor! I'm sure they'd be happy to wheel it over to the booth for ya! ;) :D

Sounds like a good plan

DavidF

New User
David
:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: I can't make it this year! going to France for a couple of weeks for work and won't be back in time. I hope everybody has a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS