Klingspor Extravaganza Hickory Volunteers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Klingspor Extravaganza will be in Hickory at the Metro Convention Center October 21-22. NCWW has always supported Klingspor as they do us. We need to have some volunteers to do demonstrations and also assist in other ways. Tell us what you can offer.
I can GUARANTEE you'll get free donuts out of the deal! :gar-Bi
If you can't come to work, please just stop by. There will be a woodcarving competition as well as a workshop. Check out their ad in the right sidebar.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I was fully planning on being there Dennis, as I have been the psat two years, with the Western Piedmont Woodcrafters, doing some scroll sawing. Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, my retirement is coming to a screeching halt Monday morning, and I'll be reinstalling all my trucking gear back in the old International Eagle, and hitting the road. I couldn't be more disappointed, but it looks like I'll be running dedicated in the southeast.:tinysmile_cry_t:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wife and I had planned on going till we realized it was second week end of the State Fair. (It's usually the weekend after the fair.) We participate in a ministry at the fair which is VERY IMPORTANT to us.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The wife and I will be there on Friday. We can assist as needed. Just one thing. I can not bring my scroll saw this trip.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
We're getting a few volunteers committed but could always use more. In addition, we'd like to have members willing to offer some of their projects for display.
And, of course, you could actually come to the Extravaganza. We'd be glad to see you there.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I plan on being there both days unless work gets in the way:wconfused:.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
:eek:ccasion1like Tracy said...Im going to try and go on Sat if work allow's it

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be there on Friday.....

BTW any finished projects you bring for display you can sell as well.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It appears that I will be able to be there both days as my employment is flexible and will allow it. I will bring a few items for display, and my DW788, and some projects. If Western Piedmont Woodcrafters has a scroll saw in their booth, mine will be @ NCWW booth. I will be splitting my time between both booths, as well as display items. Last year, Klingspors had one of their DW788 @ the W.P.W. booth for members to use. Hopefully, they will again do the same. Look forward to see everyone there.:eek:ccasion1

I will work on Friday. I'll also bring a few pieces for display. Should be able to work all day. As always, if my day job requires me to, I will have to change plans.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I'll be attending on Friday and would be glad to help out for an hour or so if that will help.

bobby g

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks, Bob. We could always use someone to monitor the booth (Translation: good friends to talk to). I spoke with Coleman Fourshee of Klingspor today and we discussed booth size. We will not get as large a booth as we had originally thought but we will be getting all the space we need. He'd rather have an occupied area than a bunch of empty curtains. He also said we could get as many tables & chairs as we wanted but would need to bring our own workbenches for the more serious stuff. I plan to bring mine for anyone that needs it.
Mark Strom has graciously committed to do a carving exhibition on Saturday. He will be occupying an area of the booth and doing his carvings throughout the day.
Anyone that wishes to exhibit their pieces may do so, and you may sell them as well.

So far, here is who we have scheduled for the 2 days:
Everyone that has committed has done so for the entire day(s) that they will be there but we will probably rotate everyone out on demos so as to give everyone a break to enjoy the show. Once we get closer to the event date, we can nail down who can do what & when. If we get enough volunteers we might even keep 2 demos going at once.

Friday:
Sanders Fine Woodworking - all day
sawman101 - all day - scroll saw
PeteB301 - all day - Work Sharp
ScottM - all day - (scroll saw & man booth)
Gotcha6 - all day - (wood lathe & Work Sharp)
TracyP ? - all day

Saturday:
Mark Strom - all day wood carving
sawman101 - all day - scroll saw
cskipper - all day - scroll saw
PeteB301 - all day - Work Sharp
TracyP ? - all day

The doors open at 7:00 for setup but the public is not allowed in until 9:00. We feel we can do setup in ~1 hour, but we have to be certain of it. Breakfast is planned for 7:00 on Friday @ Cracker Barrel. If we feel we need more time for setup, we can move that some.

Folks, just because you don't do any of the things mentioned above, don't think we can't use you. We are ALWAYS needing any kind of help we can get if only for a few hours to relieve some of us that will be there all day. Please consider it if you can. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I always do, and I can tell you that joy shared is joy doubled.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I can be there either day for a few hours. ScottM, you want me to bring my DeWalt scroll saw for you to impress with?

cskipper

Cathy
Please remember that I will be coming in after be being away for to two weeks so anyone else who wants to assist with scroll saw demos please feel free to jump in on sat..

bwat

New User
Bill
I plan to be there several hours on Friday and will be glad to releive anyone for much of that time if it helps. Again, all dependent on that four letter word, WORK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS