Kids Making It contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankson

New User
Jeff
Hi,

Some of you may have heard of the Kids Making (KMI) program in Wilmington. Sapwood, Stevecoles have written about KMI (www.kidsmakingit.org) on this site.

Well, KMI's Program Director (Jimmy Pierce) and some of our volunters will be at the picnic and thought it would be fun to hold a "friendly" contest (winner(s) get a KMI t-shirt).

If you'd like to enter, please bring a project(*) that our kids could make for themselves or sell in our retail space. Projects do "not" have to be for kids (i.e. currently we have kids working on Aidorondack chairs, dog house, bread boards with inlay strips, picture frames, artists easel, magic wands, wine bottle stoppers, garden boxes, bird houses, etc).

(*) - a finished project or a picture/plan for your project.

We'll also bring along some of the items made by the kids. We look forward to seeing you all at the picnic.

Jeff (Frankson)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great to hear that you and Jimmy will be in attendance. :-D

The contest should certainly add interest. And for those that haven't seen the cool KMI t-shirts :oops:

electrolysis.jpg

Sapwood

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I won't be at the picnic because my Saturdays are at Habitat. As it happens, this Sunday, one of the Vista volunteers, working at the Habitat for Humanity offices will be at the house / workshop for a few hours in the afternoon. We will be making bird house kits for kids to build, decorate, etc.

I'd be more than happy to send the plan for the kit we will be building (a nesting shelf for Robbin or barn swallow). It's a one page Word doc with some graphics. Just let me know if you want it. It's a VERY simple box that most kids should be able to handle (with a little help from mom or dad).

Ray

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
The T-shirt is one thing, but what do I have to do to win one of those HATS??

frankson

New User
Jeff
Re: Kids Making It contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm game

Dave

Dave - thanks but, I think your response was mis-directed...I'll forward this update (below) to Steve:

So the meat selection will probably be:
Ribs
Pulled Pork
Beef Brisket
Smoked Sausage
Dave O

yuk, yuk....seriously, thanks for the interest in our contest...see you at the picnic

DaveO

New User
DaveO
frankson said:
Re: Kids Making It contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm game

Dave

Dave - thanks but, I think your response was mis-directed...I'll forward this update (below) to Steve:

So the meat selection will probably be:
Ribs
Pulled Pork
Beef Brisket
Smoked Sausage
Dave O

yuk, yuk....seriously, thanks for the interest in our contest...see you at the picnic

:rotflm: :rotflm: My wife has always told me I smell a little (lot) gamey after a day in the shop :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the laugh, I hope to come by your shop next weekend while visiting the in-laws in Wilmington.
Dave:)

Gillie

New User
David
sapwood said:

Lets see... you got a battery charger, a tub of water, some cable and a metal pot (w/ears) on your head.

Is this a Carolina Electric Chair?

:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS